ilford delta 3200

blinded

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just first time trying ilford 3200 film

killtv.jpg

exit.jpg

In #1, I'm having a tough time of recognizing any significance in the content.
Is there a significance to the film other than being super fast?

In #1 and #2, I recognize "golden mean" composition.

canonrebel said:
In #1, I'm having a tough time of recognizing any significance in the content.

I liked the sticker.

hey blinded!! i really enjoy these shots using super fast grainy film.

i think in number one you did a great job of finding a way to add a bit of humor to your pic.

Number 2 is AWESOME. The graininess combined with the composition make this a technical success.

great work!
md

I really like how the grain of the sky came out in the first one. The rest of the pic doesn't really do much for me. If you liked the sticker, then maybe a closer shot of it, where it really seemed to be the emphasis...

The second is a really nice shot! I think I might like it a little bit darker. I actually wish this one was grainier, it would really give it a lot of grit.

I've invested too much time in learning techniques and money on equipment in order to avoid grain and noise to be able to appreciate it now.

I think I am lost. No insult intended but I don't get these pics at all. Some folks have claimed that #2 has great compostion. Can someone explain that to me? I must not understand composition. I am not being sarcastic, I am a pure hobbist and all I know about photography could probably summed up in a fifteen minute discussion.

Well I'm not too sure if this is the answer others would give but heres mine. For me photography is showing the world what I see through my eyes. I like to take pictures of things close up or from different angles then just straight on. This adds a new element of intrest to the picture. In pic #2 not only was this acoplished but you can also see other things such as the car, which I think makes the subject more intresting...hope that helped

-Zac

HogHunter said:
I think I am lost. No insult intended but I don't get these pics at all. Some folks have claimed that #2 has great compostion. Can someone explain that to me? I must not understand composition. I am not being sarcastic, I am a pure hobbist and all I know about photography could probably summed up in a fifteen minute discussion.
the photos above are the first times I've ever seen a composition that even remotely resembles the golden rectangle rule of compositionon in this forum. It's author is either one of the most photography-educated or one of the luckiest photographers on the forum.

HogHunter, here are examples of 2 individual rules of composition. They are the most commonly used rules to compose Art

Golden Rectangle(less fequently used) example 1
golden_mean.gif

Golden Rectangle example 2
golden_mean_2.jpg

Golden Rectangle (seldom used a/c it's complicated)
http://fotogenetic.dearingfilm.com/golden_rectangle_2.html

Rule of Thirds (most commonly used)
http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/compose_expose/thirds.html

Rule of Thirds
http://www.camerahobby.com/Ebook-RuleThirds_Chapter15.htm

I hope this better enables you to enjoy your hobby

The Rebel

canonrebel,

Thanks for the info. I had heard of the rule of thirds before but the third link, no pun intended :p, gave the best description of it I have read yet.

I had never heard of the golden rectangle. Now I can see where the composition works. However, perhaps I am still missing something. My untrained eye sees little that I recognize as good photography in either of the pictures posted by blinded.

I get the grittiness, I don't see much interesting subject matter.

If I were to choose one of the pictures, I would pick the second one, but neither jumps out at me.

Sorry, blinded.

Interesting pictures, groovy grainy feel. Gives them a texture that adds to the mood. Nice job! :D

Most reactions

Back