ilford delta 400 - grainy prints?

fernanda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I am excited to be here. I have a question for you guys if you have a moment:

Recently I switched from Tri-X to Ilford Delta 400. In addition, I've recently moved from NYC to Miami. So, I just got my first rolls of Ilford back from a new lab. The photos I received are very grainy and I need to know if Ilford is intrinsically grainy, or if the photolab has made a mistake in processing.

I am planning on shooting another roll and getting it developed elsewhere, but would like to hear what you have to say.

Cheers,
Fernanda

hi fernanda, welcome to the forums!

i have shot delta 400 only once or twice, and found it to have some grain, but nothing very distracting. sorry if this doesnt help, someone will be along shortly to tell you all about the stuff :)

viva la DLSR!!!!!! :)

md

It could be over exposure, over development, the printing method, etc... It could be a combination of several things. I'd try out another lab, and see if you get similar results.

Yeah, my guess is the developer the lab is using. different developers have different characteristics in regards to grain. Maybe you should look into developing yourself. Then that control is in your hands.

Thanks! I will let you know when I get my next roll developed in another lab or when I develop it myself.

I just wanted to let you know that I got a new roll developed at a different lab and the prints are not grainy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back