I'll give it a try

Zeitgeist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Starting to ge serious again after a long time away from anything but product photography. This was in natural light under an abandoned walkway at a local oil company. I shot this in color on my sony F828 and coverted it to B&W in Photoshop.

Comments and opinions are desired. I DO apologize but I cannot seem to make the "attachments" command work, it merely inserts a link.

xs.php

Maybe this has something to do with it:
----------------------------
Posting Rules

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

try hosting through photobucket. as for the picture, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Maybe my monitor needs calibration, but it's pretty dark here and I can't make much out of it.

With my bright, high resolution, now-no-longer-that-brand-new-but-still-very-new monitor I can see it all right as soon as I click on the link, and I like it A LOT. I like how you played with the existing light against the objects of that industrial building, and how it reflects on the cogwheels (I hope that is the right word, I had to look that one up in my dictionary :oops: ). And I find that both the texture of the wooden beam and the material of which that skylight is made come out extremely well in your conversion.

Yeah - you can't post attachments unless your special, I think. What you want to do is click on the Image Link Button, it's the button on the left of the Hyperlink Button. Or you can just type in the tags like this (but with no spaces in the tags) [ IMG ] then type your address in here [/ IMG ].

Re the pic, It is very dark for me too - but I found it interesting with so many textures and hidden bits.

I like the detail by the cogs, but it's a touch too dark for me - this is probably due to the page background being black with adverts nearby.

I've taken the liberty of using the img tag to put it in the thread here, as the original page doesn't do it justice!

Hopper72.jpg

Please do let me know if you don't want it displayed and I'll delete the post.

Not at all, its very kind of you to help display it. Don't know why it doesn't show up for me, I even used the little icon above the text window like Meysha suggested.

I also have a bright, high resolution, now-no-longer-that-brand-new-but-still-very-new monitor and I must say, the contrast and composition are great. I don't like the little bright spot in the bottom right corner, however. You probably also have a high contrast monitor, and I've found that I need to mix things a bit brighter for internet posting as not everyone can see the details. Overall, great job. One of the best I've seen in my short time here. :)

Most reactions

Back