I'll give this a try, your opinions please...

MDWine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few shots that I liked from a recent excursion.
I know these aren't great, but they're what I shot.
Your C&C appreciated...

This first one is one of my favorites. I like the color, and the "old time" look of the building.

bldg1.jpg

This one is "just ok"...
bldg2.jpg

This one I cropped a bit, I like it somewhat, but I think I like it in B&W a bit better...
bldg3.jpg

B&W...
bldg3_bw.jpg

and my favorite...
tree1.jpg

Thanks for looking...

I think overall, your first one probably is your best but it is kind of a bland subject. What is the story that you are trying to tell through this house? And after a quick google search, I found that most photos of houses are taken either straight in front of them or when they are taken at an angle, they show the side of the house as well, like you did in the second photo. Also, I would've tried to put more emphasis on the reefs on the doors as they stand out more than the wall of the house.

not dramatic... bland... yep, I can see that and I understand what you mean.
Hopefully education will replace eagerness and I can find the story and put more emphasis where I want.

Interestingly, you mention the wreaths, and that's the thing that caught my attention when I was driving by.

Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it!

I agree with above. Do some reading, I think it'll help you alot.

The texture of the bricks is interesting and if you shoot it a few more times, you can probably find a better way to bring it out. The images could use more contrast.

I'm planning a bit of a photo-walk this weekend with a very knowledgable friend. I hope we can revisit this location and talk about the possibilities. The "bricks" are actually a tin siding, but it has a lot of texture in it.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Most reactions

Back