Illinois River Wetland

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Facing away from the river -- gloomy morning. That green line in the distance is the levee that protects Calhoun County farm land and peach orchards.

Joe

wetland_ill.jpg

Looks desolate and gloomy. The three small,wide background lines, green, rusty red, then water, are nice. this has a very "flat" feeling to it...the clues of the distance, the overlapping trees, are very small in size, and the flooded area in the foreground dominates. It's a boring-looking stretch of land, unwelcoming, flooded, wintery. I bet it looks very different in July. The 1/5 top zone allocation contrasted against the 4/5 bottom zone seems to work pretty well for me. It might technically be spring, but this has been one of the longest,dreariest, most depressing winters much of North America has suffered through. This period does not last long though--that in-between period between winter and full-on, in-bloom spring. This photo captures that feeling, that sort of blehhhh, in-between period pretty well.

Looks desolate and gloomy. The three small,wide background lines, green, rusty red, then water, are nice. this has a very "flat" feeling to it...the clues of the distance, the overlapping trees, are very small in size, and the flooded area in the foreground dominates. It's a boring-looking stretch of land, unwelcoming, flooded, wintery. I bet it looks very different in July. The 1/5 top zone allocation contrasted against the 4/5 bottom zone seems to work pretty well for me. It might technically be spring, but this has been one of the longest,dreariest, most depressing winters much of North America has suffered through. This period does not last long though--that in-between period between winter and full-on, in-bloom spring. This photo captures that feeling, that sort of blehhhh, in-between period pretty well.

Glad you like it. It can be a great place for waterfowl but even they weren't around -- next step it's going to flood. The water is rising and in a week there'll be a lake there.

Joe

Cool shot, i was going to mention that it looks like an outstanding habitat for waterfowl. Thanks for sharing..

if you could get a far away pic. Before (now) wide angle and a after pic (after it floods) and post them side by side that could interesting.

Beautiful shot - so pretty too.

Most reactions

Back