I'm a little PO'd today

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If anybody knows or cares, I am a remote employee. The easiest way to visualize this is to think that in the morning when I get up for work, I make a pot of coffee, let the dog out for a run and have my first cuppa and watch the morning news until I get bored (not too long). Then, to get to my office, I meander to the other end of the house. That's it, I'm at work. This has been sweet for the last 3+ years until today.

Today the company decided to implement an "upgrade" to the server. I don't know what benefits this "upgrade" entailed to the company, but all I know is that they decided to block all media sharing websites. I can't access my flickr or photobucket accounts and can only read the text from TPF threads. All the purdy pikchures come in as a red X. This was the case already to certain sites (deviantart), but now they have squashed all my photo sharing sites. We had an upper management shift less than a year ago and since then the thumbscrews have been ever tightening.

It annoys me because I will now have to subscribe to a firewall/anti-virus program for my POS (that's not point of sale) desktop PC. Or...or...I could go Mac. I'm undecided, just mainly pissed off. I may have to go dark for photos for a while until I get a work-around. That's my rant for the evening. I'm going out for some Chinese now.

that is NO GOOD AT ALL!!! wish i could tell you a easy solution but i cant. sorry to hear that though.

So.... I take it you are using some kind of VPN to access your company and their private network right? If you are why not just run two different browsers and only have one traverse the corporate system and the other have normal access to the net.....

If you describe your situation to me more, I can get you around the company's filters..... if you want to.

I did this for a living for a while. :)

I completely agree with the easy button... Too bad they don't work...

Well that seriously bites Kundalini.. What do you do, that you are so lucky to stay home all day long.

:hugs: Sorry to hear about that. I didn't know we both worked remotely! There should be a way to access the net w/o logging on to the vpn.

Hope the chinese food was good.

C

Hurray... We found your easy button... hahahaha

So.... I take it you are using some kind of VPN to access your company and their private network right? If you are why not just run two different browsers and only have one traverse the corporate system and the other have normal access to the net.....

If you describe your situation to me more, I can get you around the company's filters..... if you want to.

I did this for a living for a while. :)
Yes, I'm on the company's VPN client. I can access the internet without VPN, but what scares me is being left wide open without a safety net. I have a bunch of personal account info on this computer and I don't fancy that being ripe for the picking. If you can show me a way to still have firewall and anti-virus protection without being on the VPN, please, please, please PM me.

IWell that seriously bites Kundalini.. What do you do, that you are so lucky to stay home all day long.
I hump my ass for 10 hours a day. I'm a logistics and site planner for medical equipment (angio and cardio) as well as CT. Okay, **read** head, heart and soft tissue diagnostic equipment. The crap that "House" does is using similar stuff. The zones I am responsible for are from PA down to WV and OH and carry West to IL, IN, MI, WI, NB, MO and one or two more that I forgot. Average cost of the equipment is around $1.5M and up to around $4M.

:hugs: Sorry to hear about that. I didn't know we both worked remotely! There should be a way to access the net w/o logging on to the vpn.

Hope the chinese food was good.

C
Cool. So.....somedays, do you go to work in just your knickers as well?

The Chinese was a help. This little resteraunt in bum-so-and-so has the best Hot-N-Sour soup. Of course it's always the same conversation with the main meal. Their response is "No, No...No MSG." The dry mouth tells me differently.

Yes, I'm on the company's VPN client. I can access the internet without VPN, but what scares me is being left wide open without a safety net. I have a bunch of personal account info on this computer and I don't fancy that being ripe for the picking. If you can show me a way to still have firewall and anti-virus protection without being on the VPN, please, please, please PM me.
PMing you.

I hump my ass for 10 hours a day. I'm a logistics and site planner for medical equipment (angio and cardio) as well as CT. Okay, **read** head, heart and soft tissue diagnostic equipment. The crap that "House" does is using similar stuff. The zones I am responsible for are from PA down to WV and OH and carry West to IL, IN, MI, WI, NB, MO and one or two more that I forgot. Average cost of the equipment is around $1.5M and up to around $4M.

Haha I know what angio and cardio and CT is... I grew up in the medical field.. hahaha:lol:

Not my knickers, but in the summer I usually work pool side in my swimsuit! :sexywink:
Have you got a picture to prove it? :sexywink:
In the summer I have reverted to boxers. I found that the thongs were just not quite as comfortable while sitting in a chair for an extended period.

PMing you.
Cheers.....

Haha I know what angio and cardio and CT is... I grew up in the medical field.. hahaha:lol:
A lot of folks don't know the difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back