Im a Murderer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by MyaLover, Jun 14, 2008.

1. MyaLover

MyaLover TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So after a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day at work I was driving home and hit a family of raccoons. I hit and killed 3 babies. I knew I didnt kill them and I did not want them to suffer so I went back and ran them over again. I sobbed the whole way home. I feel terrible. It was the worst thing I have ever done. 3 of them, I cant believe it. If any of you know me, you know im a huge animal lover. I just feel terrible. :-:)-:):):)guilty::guilty:

Sorry had to vent.

2. Heck

Heck TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I give you credit for going back and putting them out of their suffering. I guess its better than just going on like nothing. I hit a woman holding a baby when I was young in the city. It was like 3am and she ran out in the street like if she was being chased. She flipped in the air and landed in the street and the baby landed in the bushes in the divider. Lucky the cops seen the whole thing and I don't drink so they let me go. I never heard anything from that again. Maybe they were ok and never did nothing or they were illegal or something. Talk about a crazy night. Feel better.

3. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :guilty::guilty::guilty::playball:

Im sure it was an accident and you did the correct thig

4. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am sooo amazed at your kindness. Do you know how many people would have not bothered going back? I know its horrible, but you are truely a humanitarian for doing what you did. Death is inevitable, so is pain and suffering, but it can still be reduced, which is what you did.

I work at a resort so there's a lot of wildlife and animals where I am. A lot of times things happen to animals for one reason or another, and I get elected to the mercy killings. I absolutely hate it, though. One time I had to go home early after killing something because it bothered me so much I was puking.

I'm not trying to share horror stories with you or invalidate your feelings of remorse, but I want you to know I think you have a lot of character for doing a very ugly job no one wants to do. You will be rewarded MANY karma points, cause IMO if you eliminate suffering for another living thing, you have eliminated some for yourself. But I'm funky like that (borderline Buddhist).

5. MyaLover

MyaLover TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you, you guys made me feel better.

6. King Mango

King Mango TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know you must be absolutely sick, but you did the right thing.
    I once hit a cat and it was obviously going to die soon the poor thing. I had to kill it and then go door to door trying to find the owner. It was late at night and some of the neighbors were not very impressed with my efforts, but I found the house and sat with the dad for a while talking about what to do. He was a really good guy and obviously loved the cat very much too.
    I still get sick just thinking about it. But I also know that I did the right thing and I can only imagine how much worse I would feel had I not.

7. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know the feeling.
    That one evening in May, I suddenly heard that hard bang on my car before I even SAW anything run into it, and had thus killed a doe and her two unborn babies.
    The feeling was terrible.
    So I understand that you feel even worse since you had to go over the raccoon babies twice to ease their suffering. My going at 95km/h had killed all three, mom and unborn babies, instantly. At least.

8. MyaLover

MyaLover TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My Husband made fun of me because I hit a few raccoons before this, I drive down a very county "highway" everyday to and from work. But I came home in tears last night. Im still sick about it this morning.

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    See, I hit a deer only 7 months before I hit the doe. Both with the same car. It's taken my husband years to stop making fun of me, saying I am a hunter without a rifle but a car, my car's "deer-magnetic" and what not... It is not nice - but I think it is something that we will have to live with from now on. No choice. People (husbands, too!!!) can be insensitive and mean!

10. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :(:(:(

11. MyaLover

MyaLover TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    After he saw me in tears, I think he'll stop making fun of me. The irony though, im such an animal rights supporter, been to fur and testing protests, I adopt animals, I feed strays, I even stop to move toads and turtles off the road when I see them!!! Its just so Ironic, and terrible, just terrible

12. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    ...now I know I'm going to rot somewhere unpleasant for this but, did you get any pictures?