im a noob

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by psychotictiki, Apr 19, 2008.

1. psychotictiki

psychotictiki TPF Noob!

I have recently taken a great liking towards photography and have yet to get a camera. Any help with camera choices, camera jargon, lens choice... I'd like to become somewhat informed before I make a stupid purchase. So, basically anything that would help me would be great. :) Thanks.

2. ScottS

ScottS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello and welcome to TPF!

Try the search feature on the top navigation bar. 99% of the topics you asked about have been discussed in great detail.

3. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It might be good to begin to think about where you want your photography to go. Do you want to go pro? Do you want to express your creative side? Do you foresee a need for quick turn around on your imagery? Have you seen images lately and think you can do that also? Have you seen images and find you want to know exactly what was done to acheive the same sort of image? How familiar with photography are you? DO you know what an aperture is?

Thousands of people begin photography each day for different reasons. There are just as many suggestions available to those inquiring photographers.

My personal suggestion for those who wish to LEARN photography, not merely to commence to clickin', would be a film camera, SLR-type, an older one that affords the photographer greater control and less automation so that the photographer can better learn the NUTS and BOLTS of photography. Once the photographer knows what he/she is doing and in what direction they wish to go then they can make a more informed decision. This is a less expensive way to get started with great versatility in the camera system and I suggest to keep it simple. Learn to work with the light, not which camera will hold more pictures at one time. Learn photography.