Im a Witt's End

the best way to check is to shoot at around f22 and against a blank light coloured wall (preferably white). Does not require to be in focus. Just point and shoot. This should show up any and all dust etc.

well i tried one last time and i did a dry and wet cleaning and i took about 30 min to do so and was reeally careful then shot some at a ehole range op apetures, shutter speeds, and quality's (JPEG and RAW) and there was no sign of any damge or dirt, streakes or residue on the sensor :D , finally normal camera life is resotres, i was freaking for aobut a month casue i couldnt fix it, i wont make the same mistake(s) again, thanks for all the replies also

Glad to hear it all worked out and that you've learned from your mistakes. Hopefully this will help others who get in your situation.

the best way to check is to shoot at around f22 and against a blank light coloured wall (preferably white). Does not require to be in focus. Just point and shoot. This should show up any and all dust etc.

The famous Dust Bunny test shot. :lol:

I should add that about a year ago, I didn't know any of this. I printed everything on the Copperhill site, read it, re-read it. Bought the kit, and cleaned the sensor on a 10D that I just bought on eBay, going through the instructions, step by step from the paper.

All the messages on the forums had me worried, but after I saw people doing a cleaning at their desk, I wondered if it was that critical.

clean10d-1.jpg

Before is above
clean10d-2.jpg

After one cleaning
clean10d-3.jpg

Slightly better after second cleaning
clean10d-4.jpg

Just moving the last dust around, I stopped.

All I can add is that I removed most of the years of dust on the sensor.
I didn't kill it which made me happy.
I'll probably do a Spring Cleaning... after I take a test picture to see if it's needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back