I'm am so new at this!

LenoreM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to figure out this blogging thing, please bear with me! I am new to TPF, and have just started using my 35 mm camera again. I had professional BW film and can't find anyone who develops this? any help? Thanks! LenoreM:blushing:

i think you need a film scanner for that ?

not too familiar with film stuff :p

btw

hai and welcome ! :D

Hi Lenore, and welcome!

(Your question about where to get b/w film developped may gather more attention/answers if you post it in one of the subforums rather than the intro forum)

Hi and welcome ...

A quick google of "Professional Film Developing" yielded this (I don't know anything about this outfit, but there were many others listed as well) :

B&W Film Processing ( Developing )

Another not-too-difficult option is to get yourself a tank and reel and do it yourself. Then send it out to get scanned so you can post-process it (if you can't do the darkroom thing).

I am trying to figure out this blogging thing, please bear with me! I am new to TPF, and have just started using my 35 mm camera again. I had professional BW film and can't find anyone who develops this? any help? Thanks! LenoreM:blushing:

You can get it processed at Wal-Mart, albeit they will charge you more for B&W than for color.

Or

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

wal-mart????? most send out places do it- at least around here. you are talking about pro black and white and not c-42 right?
Yes, Wal-Mart. They send it out and it takes 2 or 3 weeks. The cost is something like $11 for a 36 exposure roll with prints. I suspect they send it to Dwayne's Photo in Parsons, KS, which is where they send super8 movie film. Dwayne's is the link in my previous post.

Another not-too-difficult option is to get yourself a tank and reel and do it yourself. Then send it out to get scanned so you can post-process it (if you can't do the darkroom thing).
If you've never processed film before I would not try this. I can assure you that the first roll you process will be messed up in some way. If your pictures mean a lot to you then either sent it to a pro, or else shoot and process about a dozen or so experimental rolls that you don't care about until you are confident you can do it right.

Another consideration is cost. You'll need a tank, reel, thermometer, bottles, etc., etc. Plus chemicals. It all adds up. Unless you are certain that you will want to be doing this a lot in the future you are better off cost-wise to let a pro handle it.

Another consideration is cost. You'll need a tank, reel, thermometer, bottles, etc., etc. Plus chemicals. It all adds up. Unless you are certain that you will want to be doing this a lot in the future you are better off cost-wise to let a pro handle it.

Frankly, B/W processing is not too difficult and very forgiving. Yes, you need the above mentioned equipment, but not much more. Yes, you may lose a couple of rolls initially, but it will quickly pay for itself at the prices I saw quoted on-line for commercial processing. If you practice loading with old useless film before you try it for real, you will overcome many of the initial qualms.

thank you for your suggestions, and yes its professional B & W film which can't be normally processed and need to send. I never developed film before, not sure its an option. Will try sending out to Dwayne's Lenore

Most reactions

Back