Im an excited newb!

Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
Im a 19 year old college student that is waist deep in hobbies :)

I snowboard, surf, restore corvettes, keep reef tanks, sketch/cartoon, research biology (mostly marine), etc. I am just now starting photography.

I now use a Canon Powershot SD 550. For an example of what I have done there are a ton of different pics in my photocuket account (link below).

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/cartoonbear87/

I am looking at moving into the world of DSLR. I have been looking at the Nikon D40 and Canon Rebel. I take a ton of Macro Shots, but then I would take a lot of pics of snow, beaches, etc. so I really need something that has a lot of control, faster shutter speed and such.

Please any advice is more than welcome. What do you guys prefer? What brand? model? lenses?

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to the forum. The question Canon Xt/Xti vs Nikon D40/D40x has been asked many times on this forum (for example here, here, here and here). You can use the search function of the forum to find many more. If you read those, you'll have a better idea of what those cameras have to offer. I am not familiar with any of these cameras but from what I read on the forum it is down to personnal choice and handling preferences as their performances are very similar and they will all take equally good pictures.

It sounds as though you need to research which are the best underwater cameras/housings. You don't buy Just a DSLR, you buy into a system. And as what you start with most often is what you will stay with due to the expense of changing everything, you will want something that not only goes under but works when it gets there. ;)

mike

Thanks for getting back to me. I've only just started looking at those links and for some reason I am leaning towards a xti, but I still need to find a shop that will actually let me fool around with one for a lil while.

Could u guys take a look at the pics, perhaps I could use some pointers with the actual picture taking itself.
Thanks!

Oh, and yes I do need to do some research and that's one of the reasons why I came here :)

What kinda things should I be looking for? What should I be researching? I just need a lil push into the lake ;)

wow, no suggestions huh? I must be better than I thought ;)

please don't hold back, or have I yet to find the section to post inquiries on technique?

Sorry B, but that's a lot of photos to go through and still run a life. The hardest thing anyone has to learn is how to edit their own photos. If you have a specific photo to ask about then post it in the appropriate gallery in this forum.

mike

Already figure out where the gallery forum is and put up a few for people ta get a general feel :)

Thanks

Most reactions

Back