I'm baaack lol a few B&Ws for C&C thanks

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by photonewbie86, May 11, 2010.

1. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey folks haven't posted in a few days so I thought I'd post a few from the ones that I took last night..and as always feedback is welcomed :D

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

2. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    anyone?

3. tyashinsky

tyashinsky TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Give it more than 20 minutes for people to comment, not everyone lives on here.

4. indeedies

indeedies TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. Seems kind of boring. Also when shooting in in direct sunlight you're going to get severe shadows and blown out areas.

2. A decent subject to shoot but it lacks composition that makes me stop and pay attention to the image.

3. Of them all this is the best. This does not mean I feel it's a good image thought. Again a decent subjet perhaps but what are you really trying to show? A window?

And what was your technique to converting these to a B&W? It looks like the images were merely desaturated. In order to get more of the BW feel bump up the contrast, blacks, work with the shadows and highlights, and maybe even overexpose the image. Or just Google on how to do it properly with whatever program your working with.

Above all try and remember that just because it's a BW does not mean it will turn a boring image into something spectacular. I think a lot of new photographers think that once it's converted they'll have a masterpiece to hang above the mantel. Don't fall into that line of thinking.

A good start though. At least your posting and asking for the comments :thumbup:

5. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thankyou for the feedback and I didn't edit these I just used the B&W feature thats on my camera.

6. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    and I was trying to have some shadows in number 1 but I guess it didnt work out as planned

7. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Anymore advice guys/gals?

8. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I see a lot of what I did/do in these photos. You are trying to be somewhat artistic.

The first two do not work, because of the technique you used, or didn't use.

The window is your better shot, but still needs something.

I can say that you are not shooting straight on and like "snapshooter".

The best part of this thread is you are not turned away with the responses. Keep shooting, experience is probably the best teacher in photography.

9. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2 is the only one that interests me, and it needs better focus, more depth of field, wider range of tones, better contrast, etc. Also, for some reason I wish the picture had more, like someone standing on the back end of that trailer in a pair of work boots that showed dirt and age. The picture needs more. The chain is a line that currently leads nowhere.

10. KenC

KenC Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree #2 is the best. Since it is about the shape of the chain and the textures of the chain and truck bed, it would have been better to move the chain a little and shoot from a little higher to eliminate the background beyond the bed.

11. photonewbie86

photonewbie86 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys should I try and pp them? Or just reshoot? If any of you guys want to pp them go ahead and thx again guys you guys are awesome

12. Fraginator3000

Fraginator3000 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah i just love good black and white shots :), the second one with the chains is something i can imagine as an Alice In Chains album art, would be awesome :p