I'm back & Best of 2008

parsec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I posted here once or twice a couple years ago, but haven't been around much lately. That doesn't mean I stopped shooting though, and I thought I would come back and get some input on my best shot from 2008:

2772001174_94a74d5c94_o.jpg

The story behind this one is kind of funny. I was in downtown Denver on a rainy day, taking some photos by Coors Field, when a limo drives up and out pop a bride and groom. I had about two seconds to take the shot as they ran inside. Anyway, I wish the woman in the middle wasn't there (she was holding up the bride's hair or something) and that the groom was closer, but you take what you get right? Anyway, thoughts and critiques are welcome.

Last edited:
just a stab in the dark.. my guess is the middle lady was holding up her dress, not her hair.. she could be removed via photoshop i'm sure...

i'm not that great with photoshop, but i had a little play with it (5 minutes) so if you've got some photoshop know how, i'm sure you can do this better... i was going to move the groom closer, as you said you wished, but I like him far back... looks like a drama.. the bride is running away, and he's trying to catch her...

20090114-e5isxmr5f3qcs7qfkearebjmra.jpg

just noticed that i forgot to get rid of the reflection of the second lady (on the sidewalk)

Last edited:
Doesn't do much for me looks like you had a bad year

lol...kinda harsh. But i do agree, if this is your best pic...then sorry. Not saying this is a bad picture but the best of one year of shooting? I know you got something better.

Sometimes you have to be harsh, i'm glad people were harsh with me when i started, I do like the brewerey

agreed gary....rather mediocre.

Being harsh is fine, and I agree that it's been a bad year (haven't been able to shoot as much as I would like thanks to work), but suggestions on what I could have done differently, or comments on why it's only mediocre, would be appreciated. I thought that's what the forum was about, but if I'm mistaken I can go somewhere else. I don't want that to come off as sour grapes, I'm honestly wondering if I misunderstood the purpose of this forum. I do have another shot that I like better, but it's of my dog and it's a pet peeve of mine when others post pictures of their dogs.

Last edited:
part of what im seeing is a very flat color pallette (looks a bit muddy)...like it's lacking a bit of contrast and some sat.

if you have some editing software, i would consider bumping up the contrast, maybe playing with the levels to bring out your blacks...try converting to BW to see if it helps it at all...maybe a different crop?

there are endless ways to PP a photo, and this one could use some.
recognizing that is step 1.

i apologize if i came off like a dick, and hope that i have offered some ideas or directions to go to improve this particular photo.

Since the first one was such a flop. Sorry for the subject matter, I know nobody really cares about my dog:
2763718091_d3dbe69856_o.jpg

Don't be so presumptious... I love dog photos, especially when they're nice, rather than a snapshot. You've got a super cute dog and I think that photo is really good. I love that you've gone for a different angle and I'm definitely curious as to what the dog is so intently watching! :)

Your first one didn't do anything for me but I'm still a noob so I can't pinpoint exactly why. I think the composition is great but it didn't make me go 'oooh' if that makes sense??

What I see is a lot of dead space behind the groom. I like to see the subjects moving into the shot not out. That being said, I imagine if you had composed the picture in that manner, all you would have seen is a brick wall. Just my amateurish 2 cents.

parsec, that dog photo is very nice. good job. love how the angle and the dog is perfectly in focus.

the only thing i don't get is the line parallel near the dogs neck is that a long whisker ;)

Yes, that is a whisker. I never saw it until right after I posted.

Cool picture of your dog. He's a little small though as compared to my Great Dane. :)
And I think your picture is rather cool, especially with the middle lady photshopped out. I understand when you only have a second and you're thinking it's cool that you got it and no one else understands. :) I've learned the important thing is that you like it for whatever reason.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back