I'm back C&C

I'm new to photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not that i really went anywhere but ye more pics for C&C always welcome. Really cold outside and my toes are on fire, and i missed to awesome oppurtunities cause i'm a newb and didn't have both my lenses.
1st missed: a sweet hawk
2nd missed: a traffic copter really really low to the ground going over my neighborhood :grumpy:
First pic is just cause I thought the sky was beautiful

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

I have a feeling most will say that it's to dark

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

1. Not very interesting. The tower is distracting.

2. Seems soft to me. Focus off?

3. What is the subject? And what does it say to you?

4. Better composition but doesn't interest me.

5. I like the colors but see #2 and #3 above. Perhaps the softness is due to dumbing down the resolution?

o poo i thought the tower was a cool touch just to add a breaking point but ye it does pull your attention

Sorry, but I agree with 'SoonerBJJ'. To me, there's really nothing interesting about any of those photos.

Why did you take them?

Sooner is pretty much right on with his critique (probably why you aren't getting a lot of responses)

To go a bit deeper, 3/5 need some separation so that it is clear what exactly the subject is. In number 2 the subject is clear because you have identified the one flower (though it looks like a plastic flower to me which almost instantly drops viewing appeal). In 3/5 there are a number of flowers, and branches etc. What should we be focusing on? the bunch as a whole is not interesting.

1 is the only one with a somewhat interesting subject (to me). The others could be made more interesting, but I would continue to work on getting more interesting subjects and defining the subjects more. For #1 I would recommend cropping out the building at the bottom and the tower at the left. Also, I might recommend playing with the levels to get darker blacks. It should make the image pop a bit more.

here is an example... quick and dirty (i.e. about 45 seconds thus not perfect) (done because it says your image is ok to edit)
test1.jpg

Last edited:
ooo well i was trying to look for anything with color but all is dead here o and 2 looks fake cause it is fake

You don't need color to make a good photograph.

Sooner is pretty much right on with his critique (probably why you aren't getting a lot of responses)

here is an example... quick and dirty (i.e. about th45 seconds us not perfect) (done because it says your image is ok to edit)
test1.jpg

wow i like

Most reactions

Back