I'm Back! Need some C&C please!

Jacki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been gone from the board for awhile...It took way longer than expected to get my new camera, but I decided on the Canon G11 and got it on Monday. I am going to save for a DSLR, and in the meantime, learn about manual shooting on the G11.

Here is a picture I took in full manual, including focusing:

4365414489_bfb29d6c93_b.jpg

Please tell me how I'm doing, and what I can improve on!!! Thank you!!

The flower looks nice, the rest is very distracting. The background is overexposed but that is slightly out of your control. You should wait till a different time of the day for exposure reasons and then reposition your subject or reposition the objects around it. Have fun and keep shooting!

1st poster is right about the background being distracting. I think this shot would be killer with an all black background. Other than that, the composition is cool

I agree with the others about the background.. and I'm not a fan of the perspective, it makes me feel the need to tilt my neck awkwardly to see the photo.

Thank you all for the advice! It is all very encouraging. I've only had this camera for a few days, and I have hundreds of pictures already. I can't stop!

The first day or two, I was a little overwhelmed with all the controls, but now that I've gotten the first 500 or so pictures out of the way, I am starting to see the capabilities of the G11, and I'm really impressed. It is so much better than the Kmart special GE camera I have been using for years. :boogie:

I have a feeling I'll be like that when I get my DSLR.. TODAY!! I'm excited and nervous!
But it's so neat to get a new camera.. learn the ropes of it. I'd highly recommend taking the time to read the manual and learn all of the functions that it can actually do. I'll be doing that with mine when it gets here!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back