I'm back :) Photos from Dublin

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had a summer of VERY little photography, sadly, because I was studying to resit some exams that I missed due to being very ill this past year. Those finished a few weeks ago, but I haven't been very productive lately.

Howeeeeever, I just got a film scanner today, a gift from the parents -- a CanoScan 8600F. I'm still getting used to it, but it seems promising.

I'm still getting used to my Baby Speed Graphic as well, but I decided to post some shots from Dublin. There are only a few because there are so few shots per roll and I was so inexperienced with the camera (I got it the day before I headed to Dublin).

Regardless, I hope you like them. I'll be back to posting regularly again in the coming weeks due to having a lot of free time until classes start and being able to use film cheaply with my own scanner.

I hope you like these, let me know what you think.

1. The quintessential Dublin commodity. Kodak Portra 160VC.
1340820233_0f3d85e42f_b.jpg

2. I went to the Dublin Zoo for a while.. this guy was hanging out with the people! Kodak Ektachrome 100.
1341685674_7fc7440c53_b.jpg

3. The ever-famous Ha'penny Bridge. Ilford Delta 100.
1341678060_ab244763b7_b.jpg

4. Not sure what this is... City Scene. (Partial Desat) Kodak Portra 160VC
1341739260_a888029ada_b.jpg

Very nice, very artistic photos. All composed very well in my opinion. :)

Bump, I suppose. Did this place get completely dead, or what?

Wow. Your scanner must be really good! They look as good as any digital photo would look like! Envy-envy-envy here!

Good photos taken in Dublin.
You say you were not used to taking photos before you left for Dublin?
And you then took THESE!
When?
You sure have "the eye"! Very much so!

I love the "quintessential Dublin commodity" :D.

Yeah, they're great.
I just gotta say I'm imediately taken by the quality of the scans, they're nice photos though, actually the barrel shot was a tricky exposure really well done.
You dont say anything about how these were processed, the resolution and un-sharp mask used.
I'm battling myself with the big scanner question for 6X6, I've kinda fallen out with flatbeds, but these look really good.

Thanks to all. :)

Joxby -- It's actually just a CanoScan 8600F. It comes with Photo Studio and I used the unsharp mask in that. I think these were scanned at about 2400 dpi, with no post-processing except the partial desat and contrast bump in the last shot. So far I've been REALLY happy with this scanner.

i'll take one of those kegs thanks!

did you selective color #4 or was that natural gray of the photo?

These look great, and thanks so much for posting which films you used, I'm still trying to figure out what films are nice for what, so this is very helpful!

The colour on the peacock shot is just fantastic. Such a great picture.

Most reactions

Back