I'm Back!

lazarus219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Haven't put in any effort lately to do any shooting, but today i bothered to, i only took about 5 frames, but i came up with this, its the same old effect- but im happy with it (my first time trying this)

waterfallbackyard.jpg

Any comments, good or bad welcome!

Feathery?
I did try and get the milky effect, i guess the reason it is so thin was there wasnt much water running over the rocks, and maybe a little spray off from it hitting the rocks,
Other than resize, this is straight out of the camera

(15 seconds at F9, iso100, polarizer)

I like it. Some dark spots in the shadows where I would like to see some more details but a good capture.

Did you get any shots without this tight of a crop? Just curious as to what it would look like from more of a distance.

i did, but none i was happy with- ill have another gi in a few days and post those,
Thanks for the comments,

Yeah, I think it works well as is too... some experimenting with hue & saturation might be interesting.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

I might have a play in PS, although ive been trying not to use photoshop much anymore lately,

Good camera work! The shot seems to be heavy in the cyan. One way to approach that is in Photoshop; Covert to cmyk View channels Adjustment levels. Adjust each channel separately.

Since you have pshop why not use it?

The tones of this image was one of the things i liked about it,

As to why i dont use photoshop- im one of the believers that photoshop (after a certain extent) kinda takes away from photography, i prefer to do thnigs right when i take the photo, and use photoshop as a little tool for slight corrections,

Very dreamy, calming and relaxing impression. The only thing that "ruins" (takes away from) the feel is the harsh lighting on the left of the photo a continuous blueish overcast throughout would even out the feel.

lazarus219 said:
The tones of this image was one of the things i liked about it,

As to why i dont use photoshop- im one of the believers that photoshop (after a certain extent) kinda takes away from photography, i prefer to do thnigs right when i take the photo, and use photoshop as a little tool for slight corrections,

Cool. I think everyone prefers to do things right when they take the photo. I think of pshop as a digital darkroom and I enjoy the control it gives me. Like most things in photography the pshop debate has no correct answer.

Tones are good, but I think you can improve on them. Fill us in on the details of the print and film etc.

15 seconds at F9, iso64 w/ polarizer

Im using a fuji S5500. and my filmSLR is on the way! then its DSLR time,

No, digital camera for this one- im still waiting on my slr :) and im getting impatient too,

I think digital might be even worse, it has a lower capturable dynamic range than film, if only slightly, but maybe some transperencies arent so good in terms of DR either,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back