I'm bad!!!!

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Mitica100, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, you know me... On and off at Ebay, checking cameras and all that stuff for sale. A few days ago I see this ad, someone selling a simple Kodak folding camera for an exorbitant price.

Check_it_here

I mean, c'mon! You have the name foto100, you ought to know your camera is not worth more than, say, $25.00. So I jokingly wrote to the guy saying that it could be an "Anniversary camera", which I totally made up.:lmao: The guy replies 'Very interesting...' and puts my message up on his Ebay sale page along with the modified description of it. I almost died laughing when I saw it! So, I replied to him now that if that's the case, his camera should be priced anywhere between $8,000 and $10,000! I'm dying to see if the guy adds that to his Ebay sale page!

I know, I'm bad!!! :lol:

2. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

I have what appears to be the same camera that I paid $12.00 for at a flea market. It is in at least the same condition, maybe better. Boy did I rip that guy off !. Perhaps I should E-mail this seller and ask if this is the even rarer "made in Rochester" model. ;)

3. blackdoglab

blackdoglab yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap

Photos OK to edit
    LOL
    I see the same thing with Argus c-3's all the time on ebay ( and on a few vintage camera sites too) where some delusional creature expects $75 for a basic brick.

4. deggimatt

deggimatt No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    HAHAHAHHAH:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Mitica100

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wouldn't you know it!!! The guy dropped the starting price to $24.99! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He might actually sell it!...

6. Moxi

Moxi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So, knowing the guy isnt knowledgable in this area you lied to him about it and find that funny?

7. Mitica100

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, so you're not knowledgeable and you want to sell something on Ebay. You have no idea how much it's worth and you make up a price. Say, the item is worth $2.00 and you want to sell it for $10,000.00... Isn't that a rip off? Whether he is knowledgeable or not? IMHO, if you don't know how much it's worth you ask around, you inform yourself, you research it.

And yes, I find poking fun at people trying to rip off other people funny. Should I have remorses instead, in your opinion?

8. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You see that with SX-70 cameras all the time. You can find them all over, for about $20 or so...but once in a while, someone tries to sell one for $75 to $200.

9. Mitica100

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, Big Mike, I see these all the time and interestingly enough it doesn't bother me as much as this guy who was trying to sell a $25.00 for several thousands.

10. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree, that is pretty funny.

On the other hand...it's an auction and anyone is free to list anything for what they want...as long as they don't misrepresent what they are selling.

Things are worth what people will pay for them.

11. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

You are very bad. Shame on you and thanks for the chuckle.

12. blackdoglab

blackdoglab yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap

Photos OK to edit
    There's been a few folks on ebay pushing some mighty funny lookin' slr's. You might have seen them. They're not quite like the the capitol or original times camera. They've not only got a motor drive, but the phoney pentaprism has a waist level viewfinder as well as an eye level finder off to the side. They also come with a flash and a bag. What's more (and you've probably guessed it by now) they've got suspiciously familiar names like olympia,nikkei, and cannonn. They are always promoted as being "professional style" cameras and I've seen a few starting at $100. I pity the poor soul who ends up with one of these babies. Perhaps lomography should start selling them. I'm sure they would top the $100 price tag.