I'm cold and lonely...

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by Corry, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    No one has posted in here since October 28th!!!! :shock: My urge to do alt work is deteriorating...come on people!!! If you don't start getting me into this, I might have to actually SAVE money by not buying poloroid stuff!!!!!

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I finally got my slide printer working again. Not sure what it;s problem was... so I have a couple polas to lift here very soon...

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank god, Orie!! I can't be relied upon to come up with new stuff every week now that my festivals are over for the year - and I remind you all - I'M OUT OF POLAROID FILM!!! :cry:

You know when I'm posting nothing but the sepia stuff, the fridge is close to empty. :wink:

Happily, I am working again and will no doubt be paying a long-overdue visit to B&H very soon. :twisted:

I'm glad you were able to get the little bugger fixed, Orie. Any clue what was wrong with it? :scratch:

4. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Not a clue! I took the batteries out again, looked at the contacts, and they look perfect. I must have had it switched on because I put the batteries back in and then I hear it making noise. I try it set it up back down and it doesn't do anything. So I fiddle with it some more, pushing the batteries in pretty firmly to get a good contact and it comes back. I dunno, just must be kinda loose somewhere or something. Probably won't want to work next time I try it, but at least now I know it just keep trying. :p

Congrats on the new job! Anything fun and exciting?

5. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I'm waiting for the weather to do something before I use some more Polaroid film. Right now the leaves are dropping but that's it. Bare trees and grey sky. When we get a nice cold frost I might go outside and see what I can get. So you can be bored by my photos whilst I'm suffering from pneumonia. :p

6. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yep Im with ferny. Im waiting till everything unuglies itself.

7. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Now, kids....that's not the Spirit of the P-team, is it??? :p I expect us all to be innovative and not detered by crappy weather! <<<---feel free to throw that back in my face when I say the same thing some day. :wink:

Orie, I'm doing the same old thing: medical practice management. I'm with a neurologist now, which is different. I've been in primary care for years. The same, only different. What the hell....if it keeps me in film, Polaroid and what-have-you, I can't complain. :sillysmi:

8. Ambrosia

Ambrosia TPF Noob!

Terri: you do art festivals?

Ever venture down to florida for the Gasparilla arts festival?

I need to get back into a polaroid-a-thon this weekend. I inherited some 669 film to play with. I will have to see what slides want to be printed. :)

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

It's the really crap weather that I'm waiting for. :mrgreen:

Of course, when it arrives I'll look at it and say "sod that!" and snuggle back into bed.

And yup, I'm going to remember that quote. :p :lol:

10. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I'm gonna remember the phrase "sod that!" :D

11. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Me, too!

Ambrosia: yes I do festivals. Haven't ventured out of state yet, I just started early this year. Have had enough local success to want to stay with it, don't know about going out of state for one, though. Art is a tough sell, not like jewelry or pottery or the myriad of other things I see in the booths around me. So I want to have a lot of them under my belt before I venture across state lines and incur any major expense to attend one. :wink:

The one you mentioned must be a large one, well attended. Is it popular? Have you sold there?

12. Ambrosia

Ambrosia TPF Noob!

the one i mentioned is HUGE. it's very well attended, i haven't sold there yet, though. I think I already missed the deadline for this spring, so I'm going to shoot for next spring.