I'm done here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up taking more of a break. I simply dont post as much as I did nor do I get as involved in the community as I did. It is what it is :)

still be lurking and should a community be formin' I'll be a postin'
and thanks guys :)

Expecting a community is wishful thinking! As in any workplace environment where people have similar interests, some become good friends, some acquaintences that you respect, and others perhaps downright pain in the '***'. The percentages in each area, determine for many whether they stay or move on.

For others, the owner, moderators may be the deciding factors. In one large photography site (not here) the owner was an over-aged mountain biker who supported moderators who were equally ignorant and inexperienced in photography. In still another, the owner was a student radio type with an interest in photography. Needless to say the "direction" and control were neither consistent nor well thought out. Less moderation may be positive, if their involvement is too often seen as negative in terms of results or benefits. On the other hand, the role of moderators is not to please everyone or even the majority but rather to keep the site accomplishing general goals that probably are in the direction of improving the photography of their members.

There may be a "community" at another forum site but that is not necessarily a community that is desirable for all. As a matter of fact, it may be seen as indirectly benefitting TPF that certain members have left to form their own forum. So, the most realistic would view your supposed "greener pastures" site as having different problems and issues than TPF but certainly not "better" or "greener". Some might even say quite the opposite.

skieur

I'm confused about this. Why would you leave?

I was taught long ago, that CC wasn't criticism. Maybe that is the problem.

Anyhoo, you have every right as much as anyone, to voice your opinion. Some may find it helpful, while others might find it bothersome. You never know what will happen.

They leave because they are egotistical, elitist and believe they are better than other people. This thread is proof of that. The fact they continue to create threads announcing their departure hoping for reactions like a few have posted here stroking their misplaced egotism.

The "other" place is hilarious. All the "elitists" from here sitting around stroking each other about their mediocre photography and a bunch of threads about how much all the other forums suck. It really is entertaining was a group of delusional people converse about what they think is great photography because they've been around the photography forum for 5 years.

I've said it many times. This forum would be a much nicer place if these guys REALLY would just leave and stay gone.

Anyhoo, you have every right as much as anyone, to voice your opinion. Some may find it helpful, while others might find it bothersome. You never know what will happen.

They leave because they are egotistical, elitist and believe they are better than other people. This thread is proof of that. The fact they continue to create threads announcing their departure hoping for reactions like a few have posted here stroking their misplaced egotism.

The "other" place is hilarious. All the "elitists" from here sitting around stroking each other about their mediocre photography and a bunch of threads about how much all the other forums suck. It really is entertaining was a group of delusional people converse about what they think is great photography because they've been around the photography forum for 5 years.

I've said it many times. This forum would be a much nicer place if these guys REALLY would just leave and stay gone.
^^^^^^
I never could understand how people could get so upset over words on their screens, but there you are.

^^^^^^
I never could understand how people could get so upset over words on their screens, but there you are.

I find more humor in it than anger. The only thing that angers me is the fact that you guys decide to ritually come back here and do nothing but spawn these self gratifying threads or reply to newcomers bashing them trying to get them to leave. If you want to leave fine. Stay gone. You continually say how great your forum is but every one of you can't stay away from here... is your forum really that boring?

oh no big...not the other place! :lol: Well I guess I'll see you here and there from time to time...

But I know what you mean...there's a whole another world out there. I've seen how you've progressed and it's awesome. I visit like 5 forums and this place I think this place sill has its advantages. There's also a very high skilled forum out there where I think some of the old timers from here went where the work is amazing...however CC wise it isn't as honest as this and the "other place".

Good luck bud..

Will you lot all just stop whining at each other and either use the darn ignore feature or just learn to get along!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:
GAH! :gah::gah::gah::gah:

Photographers.............................................................

When young we are taught to let healing cuts scab over and to be left well alone. If you keep picking at it it will never heal....

or reply to newcomers bashing them trying to get them to leave. If you want to leave fine.

Can you please point me to where I have bashed new comers and try to get them to leave?

Don't assume anything about me or my reasons for leaving. I'm sure that you have never done anything you regreted in your life, that you are 100% perfect and that you totally enjoy that when you make a mistake, people keep pounding it in such as you are doing right here, right now.

As much as you complain about the others benig the elists and egotistacal, you are the one on the other side of the fence who keeps flinging the crap back and perpetuating the negative behavior.

I have never spoken bad about TPF anywhere else.

I was heavily involved in giving CC here. To the point where I over did it, got burnt, and decided to try for greener pastures. Assuming that these greener pastures are the one "other" side is 100% misinformed. In my short time away, I joined 4 photography forums, 2 of which I was somewhat active. I think my total postings on all these websites was less than my average 7 days of posting here.

I also took the time to actually focus attention on photography and not as much on internet.

I ended up coming back here on a fluke and started checking the boards and realised that some, not all, of the reasons I decided to take a break were not as bad when I saw them with fresh eyes.

So instead of harping on trying to make a community change, I decided to change my involvement in the community. I post, not as much, not on every thread. I post where *I* enjoy posting and where *I* feel I can be of added value.

I dont see many of the forum members at the other forums coming here and saying how great they are. Maybe at first when the **** first hit the fan, but not much anymore.

The only mention I see of other forums, of elitism and such is when people like you make posts like this. Which is sad, as people shouldn't dwell on the negativity of things and aim to move on.

If you want to throw me to the lions for making a post that maybe I should not have made, or should have worded different, then whatever. I'd suggest doing what Overread said and just hit the ignore button so that I no longer am a source of anger (or amusement) for you.

But take your own advice... the forum would be a much nicer place if things like this would just be let go and not continually brought up. :hug::

Camz, this is an older thread, but obviously I have crossed people with my posting and attitudes that I was unaware of and instead of telling me via PMs or what not, they decide to keep going at it in various threads. I'm still here bud, just not as active as before :)

I haven't been here long, but I've seen nothing but positive posts from you BT. It's good to have you back.

bazooka, please dont say things like that as it turns out that those are the types of posts that my ego stroking, self centered self is trying to get. ;)

(but thanks :) )

I love when people post they are leaving a forum, then they stay on to see what everyone says about them leaving, LOL's, then comment for days about it. more LOL's

You should just post a big flaming post and be gone, OR stick around because it seems like several people like you.... i have not been here long enough to judge your character, but at least you care

Oh_Noes_teh_Forum_Drama_by_MythTrainerInfinity.png

or reply to newcomers bashing them trying to get them to leave. If you want to leave fine.

Can you please point me to where I have bashed new comers and try to get them to leave?

Don't assume anything about me or my reasons for leaving. I'm sure that you have never done anything you regreted in your life, that you are 100% perfect and that you totally enjoy that when you make a mistake, people keep pounding it in such as you are doing right here, right now.

As much as you complain about the others benig the elists and egotistacal, you are the one on the other side of the fence who keeps flinging the crap back and perpetuating the negative behavior.

I was heavily involved in giving CC here. To the point where I over did it, got burnt, and decided to try for greener pastures. Assuming that these greener pastures are the one "other" side is 100% misinformed. In my short time away, I joined 4 photography forums, 2 of which I was somewhat active. I think my total postings on all these websites was less than my average 7 days of posting here.

I also took the time to actually focus attention on photography and not as much on internet.

I ended up coming back here on a fluke and started checking the boards and realised that some, not all, of the reasons I decided to take a break were not as bad when I saw them with fresh eyes.

So instead of harping on trying to make a community change, I decided to change my involvement in the community. I post, not as much, not on every thread. I post where *I* enjoy posting and where *I* feel I can be of added value.

I dont see many of the forum members at the other forums coming here and saying how great they are. Maybe at first when the **** first hit the fan, but not much anymore.

The only mention I see of other forums, of elitism and such is when people like you make posts like this. Which is sad, as people shouldn't dwell on the negativity of things and aim to move on.

If you want to throw me to the lions for making a post that maybe I should not have made, or should have worded different, then whatever. I'd suggest doing what Overread said and just hit the ignore button so that I no longer am a source of anger (or amusement) for you.

But take your own advice... the forum would be a much nicer place if things like this would just be let go and not continually brought up. :hug::

Camz, this is an older thread, but obviously I have crossed people with my posting and attitudes that I was unaware of and instead of telling me via PMs or what not, they decide to keep going at it in various threads. I'm still here bud, just not as active as before :)
2sb7ivb.gif

Before you go, I'm thikning of taking some pictures and wondered what you'd reccomend - a Cannon or a Nicon camera - which one is better ???

Seriously, glad you're stiking' your head in here again - I've not only enjoyed your posts, but have benefited from a couple personally...

The best of a 'community' still has it distractors.... even with some of the posts like I wrote above that you find in here, I've actually grown as a photog by hanging out here occasinally.... :mrgreen:

r

Which one of your screen names would you like me to use?
You've also chosen to knowing join a group of social rejects who consistently come here on the attack trying to get people to leave under various different accounts. If you don't want to be looked at in that way maybe you shouldn't have done it.

I didn't assume anything and I'm not talking about any mistakes or regrettable behavior. I'm talking about newcomers being attacked and threads like this where you try make the forum look like some awful place by announcing your departure. You don't regret making this thread, your intentions are more than obvious. BS like this affects the whole forum whether people respond to it or not.

The mods don't take the proper action against it until it gets enough attention. So I do just that.

:lol:

The forum has tons of posts from you guys bashing people. Jimmy bashed a newcomer yesterday at the same time he posted in this thread.... do you have any clue how much garbage just came from you?

Yes it would be nicer if these threads weren't made. You're trying to make me look like the bad guy here when you're the one that made this thread begging for people to come here and treat you like some martyr hoping your ego will get stroked a little more. You're so egotistical that you think your departure is so important it deserves some forum wide announcement. Trust, the forum has only improved with the permanent departure of a few, and will be great once the rest stop returning.

I'm here to talk about gear and help out some new comers. It's hard to help people when they are driven out by attacks. This remains an issue for this forum and I'll give it the necessary attention it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back