im Done

core_17 said:
No, hasn't been a year yet...I've only been on TPF since February, and I remember Dew.

Well guys.... I had an old email addy, so I wrote him to tell him I knew he was trying to punk us...and I just got back this big, long email about how he is sorry he made the "Dew" reference, but he really IS uncomfortable with the influx of new members and doesn't like to think he has to comment on "the total, absolute, ****ing ****" <<that's a direct quote :cry: that he sees posted here each day. :shock: Also there have apparently been a huge number of spammers and he says with his new job, he just doesn't have time as a moderator to keep up with it all. Something like that. He's in a horrible mood. Says he's just not interested in the "forum scene" anymore. wtf....? Anyway....

I want to write him back, but I just can't right now. I am at a loss for words.... but I don't think we'll be seeing him around here anymore. :(

terri said:
core_17 said:
No, hasn't been a year yet...I've only been on TPF since February, and I remember Dew.

Well guys.... I had an old email addy, so I wrote him to tell him I knew he was trying to punk us...and I just got back this big, long email about how he is sorry he made the "Dew" reference, but he really IS uncomfortable with the influx of new members and doesn't like to think he has to comment on "the total, absolute, ****ing s***" <<that's a direct quote :cry: that he sees posted here each day. :shock: Also there have apparently been a huge number of spammers and he says with his new job, he just doesn't have time as a moderator to keep up with it all. Something like that. He's in a horrible mood. Says he's just not interested in the "forum scene" anymore. wtf....? Anyway....

I want to write him back, but I just can't right now. I am at a loss for words.... but I don't think we'll be seeing him around here anymore. :(

that's exactly what happened to me. i tried to make light of it, laugh with him about his little joke- but guess what folks- it aint no joke. something else musta happened in the real world, cause even for md, he's white hot pissed about something.
did he get into an argument with someone and we all just missed it?

I talked to him briefly last night and he seemed fine. He and Aubrey/Hobbes were online for a while, maybe something happended that I didn't notice? But, we were both surprised to see his message this morning. I can't recall him saying anything unusual at all.

Well, from what I can gather out of this ranting email, it's been eating at him for a while. I don't know, maybe he's one of those people that keeps quiet about stuff for a really long time, but when they've finally had it all hell breaks loose?? :scratch: It's kind of coming off sounding that way. He's serious. :cry:

I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings, but geez, it's just a forum where folks yap.

I never understand these dramatic "I'M LEAVING FOREVER!" posts that are usually justified by some sort of personal feeling that they are suddenly to good to associate with lowly snapshooters. If you're spending too much time goofing on the forums (and I know I do), then take a break or cut back or whatever, but it ain't heroin! I don't see the need to never return, drop connections, burn bridges, etc... Just take a break. Sheesh....

In fact, this riles me up so much that "I'M LEAVING FOREVER!!!".

So there!

Yup. I agree as well. Awhile back I left another forum that I'd been a member of for a long time, and I did make a post explaining why I was leaving. But it was just that--an explanation. While this is just digital yip-yap, there are a few here that I consider friends and would keep in contact with beyond the forum. But as for a big emotional 'screw you' message, yeah there's no point--it's just grandstanding to get attention.

ya, but md was always so level headed. not like him to fly off the handle like this.

Wow, km don't do that again. I was shocked by MD, but you jumping on that train really made me feel sad. There is so much to learn from you guys, it's sad that he is gone.

Daniel said:
Wow, km don't do that again. I was shocked by MD, but you jumping on that train really made me feel sad. There is so much to learn from you guys, it's sad that he is gone.

He's not gone... gotta read the other thread. ;)

Most reactions

Back