Im dying to know!.....

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by faith.love, May 23, 2009.

1. faith.love

faith.love TPF Noob!

2. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay, let's get this out of the way first: FIRST P0ST! (Yep, I'm totally new here too.)

And, you got a 50D as a gift??? Someone loves you. Blimy.

After a quick look, I think there's a combination of lighting and post-processing in they're work. She's using very soft (and I think a studio set-up for those portraits; giant soft-boxes a boon) light to light her subjects, and reflectors to even things out. The post-processing is probably some brightening, definitely increasing contrast (s-curve) and I'm going to guess a fair bit of messing with a channel mixer. Fairly easy to do in Lightroom. That and she might also be using a positive flash bias for some of those shots.

In the particular shot you're talking about, I'm pretty certain the eyes have been sharpened, and probably PS'd in some way; there are many, many ways to bring-out someone's eyes, from overlaying white on the eye whites, to brushing on stronger eyelashes (and of course less aggressive techniques).

Last edited: May 26, 2009