I'm frustrated

toofpaste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a small shoot today with this young girl. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I like how some of them came out.But others...ehhh. But I cant figure out what I don't like. Anyone have any ideas? I need all the help I can get.

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

I think the shots are good corol and lighting wise. I might of pulled back a little so the top of her head isnt missing. #4 is my personal favorite. All around good job.

ahhhhh....crap.....I think thats what it is

Getting super close with lenses tends to do bad things to people's faces, too... esp with wide lenses. I'm on my wife's machine so I can't easily tell your lens or focal length, but if you had either of these things going on that may contribute.

step back, zoom in.

In addition to the previous comments, I think they look a little overprocessed.

#1 the background is weird because it looks blown-out or white on the right-hand side and dark on the left.

I think im done as far as natural lighting goes.....anyone have any idea what my next step would be for artificial? Budget isnt that big...so...

You just need to know how to use natural light to your advantage.

Shoot in the shade with a dark background and your light source behind you, a winning combination every time, using strobes complicates things.

You just need to know how to use natural light to your advantage.

Shoot in the shade with a dark background and your light source behind you, a winning combination every time, using strobes complicates things.

sometimes thats hard to do

Most reactions

Back