I'm going Anti-Kingston

Sharpiks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a 4GB Class-4 Kingston SD card for use with my Polaroid i236, and it worked like a charm. It was fast, and earlier today I took three photos and it worked. Just now I tried to take a picture of a dragon fly who nestled himself on my window and it went straight to camera flash memory. It ignored the card's existence. "No problem," I thought, removing the card and cleaning the connectors, and the slot as I slide the card back in only to get the same result.

Annoyed, I toss my card onto my desk and slide it into my computer's built-in SD slot. Reads fine, transfers fine, so I format it. Still works fine. I slide it back into my camera, same result. I try a different and older SD card that's too small. A Lexar 128 MB SD card. It read that, as I watched the "Memory Full" bar appear on my screen. I tried to Kingston again. Same result. By now I'm remembering a few flash drives I've had from Kingston that did the same thing if not give me other problems such as completely losing valuable irreplaceable information.

So what is my issue here? Am I doing something wrong, or is Kingston the garbage I'm told they are?

Don't believe everything you're told.

I don't know what your issue is exactly, but stuff happens to all consumer products regardless of the name on them.

With memory cards, static discharge can sometimes be a problem.

Have you tried formatting the card in your camera?

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad kingston memory going around.

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad kingston memory going around.
Thats exactly the point. If you listen in enough places there is always something bad going around about vitually all products. Just replace the Kingston name with any other product name:

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad canon cameras going around.

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad nikon cameras going around.

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad san disk memory going around.

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad chevrolets going around.

Take it back to where you bought it. I remember hearing something about bad dell computers going around.

All of the above are equally true.....and equally useless. :er:

Most reactions

Back