I'm going to college!

midget patrol said:
I just got my first acceptance letter. It just so happened to be from my top choice school, CU Boulder. I was accepted to their engineering school. :)

I'm so happy to get that over with. And it's only november!!! :mrgreen:

Yay!!!!! Congrats. Welcome to Colorado...

midget patrol said:
I'm leaning towards electrical and mechanical.

You are a good man... If you have any questions about any of your homework (mechanical) let me know I'd love to try to help you in the classes that you have (my favorate class was Dynamics (I was/still kinda am an engineering student that would be in my senior year if I didn't run out of money :( )).

andreag5 said:
CONGRATS!

Lucky as well, I had to wait until April to find out from my first choice!
Yeah, i was really suprised to get an answer so early.

BoblyBill said:
You are a good man... If you have any questions about any of your homework (mechanical) let me know
I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Dynamics as in physics of fluids?

"That's where i run in to trouble. I already have experience with most (civil, not so much) types, and I really like them all. I'm leaning towards electrical and mechanical."

Happily, you can knock off the first year in most colleges without pinning down a specialty. From my own experience, I can provide the following advice:

Where possible, sit in the first two rows.

If you do not understand something, don't be afraid to ask. Chances are, most of the class is also puzzled.

Best of luck to you.

midget patrol said:
I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Dynamics as in physics of fluids?

That would be Hydrodynamics and no I didn't like that one... I much prefer rigid objects over fluid objects (a whole lot less complicated as you probably already knew). Dynamics is what I would like to call physics on steriods... In dynamics you can write the formulas for the position, velocity, and acceleration of a bug that is walking torwards the middle of a flywheel of a car that itself if accelerating around a corner (both radial and linear acceleration)... then if that car exploded into three (rigid) pieces and landed in three different spots you could, from the final positons, unpredict (I say unpredict because if predicting was seeing into the future. It would make sense that unpredict would back into the past :)) were the car was and what direction it was going before it exploded.

BoblyBill said:
That would be Hydrodynamics and no I didn't like that one... I much prefer rigid objects over fluid objects (a whole lot less complicated as you probably already knew). Dynamics is what I would like to call physics on steriods... In dynamics you can write the formulas for the position, velocity, and acceleration of a bug that is walking torwards the middle of a flywheel of a car that itself if accelerating around a corner (both radial and linear acceleration)... then if that car exploded into three (rigid) pieces and landed in three different spots you could, from the final positons, unpredict (I say unpredict because if predicting was seeing into the future. It would make sense that unpredict would back into the past :)) were the car was and what direction it was going before it exploded.
Actually.... that sounds like a LOT of fun. [/nerd]

It was... I liked the fact that I would only have 3 homework problems assigned per class... (it only took me 2 or 3 hours per problem lol).

Oh how I miss college..So much fun to be had...Don't take any day for granted. Start networking with people as soon as you can...it will make your job search all the easier when your done with school.

Good Luck and congrats!!

Most reactions

Back