I'm gonna build a darkroom

I found really good deals on darkroom equipment from graphics companies who are converting to digital.

I bought an 8 foot graphics darkroom sink for $50. Originally a sink like this cost about $1,400 new. Also bought a Nikkor lens from one of their enlargers for $25 (The enlarger was already spoken for). It was in 'like new' shape and was a lot bigger glass than I could afford if bought new.

Congratulations on building your new darkroom!!! Hope you have lots of luck in finding quality equipment!!

matchframe said:
I found really good deals on darkroom equipment from graphics companies who are converting to digital.

I bought an 8 foot graphics darkroom sink for $50. Originally a sink like this cost about $1,400 new. Also bought a Nikkor lens from one of their enlargers for $25 (The enlarger was already spoken for). It was in 'like new' shape and was a lot bigger glass than I could afford if bought new.

Congratulations on building your new darkroom!!! Hope you have lots of luck in finding quality equipment!!
Right on!! You got a terrific deal. That's a very good suggestion, too, since most of these places just want the stuff out of the way and aren't trying to make financial gain from it.

I was able to buy my Chromega D5 enlarger from a pro lab - they hadn't gone digital and had no plans to, but they were anticipating retirement within 3-5 years and were simply starting to downsize - they had 2 more D5's in use. They wanted to throw in the metal table, too, but we simply had no room for it when we went to pick up the enlarger.

There are deals like this everywhere, though. I'd keep my eyes open in your local paper for stuff like that, as well as ebay.

Most reactions

Back