I'm heartbroken. Is my exposed film ruined for good?

The 2 shots you go were they your first shots ?
Thinking about it now, the one that came out fine was just before the ones I wanted. And the ones I wanted were some of the last ones I took. The guy at the store said it looks like I exposed the exact part I had taken pictures on. Sigh. It's not my day.
I opened the bottom of my Leica about 6 months ago because I thought it was empty because of the way you take the film out I only lost about 5 shots and I shot 95% film and I still cocked up

OP: Don't give up on film just because of silly mistakes. We've ALL made them. Some of my recent doozies:

(...and mind you, I'd been shooting for about 20 years and still make silly mistakes.)

-The film broke and I shot about 20 frames before I realized it.

-I loaded 400 ISO film and forgot what I loaded. Shot the whole roll at 100 ISO.

-While shooting with a rangefinder, I left on a yellow filter for an entire roll of color film and didn't realize it. (You're not looking through the lens like you are with an SLR, so you don't see if anything is blocking the lens). The whole roll looked like I developed it in pee.

-Forgot there was already film in the camera and opened up the back. This unfortunately tends to ruin the images, but every once in a while, this same silly mistake can result in a very happy accident, such as:

Day 26 - Diner
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

And let's not even talk about the developing mistakes! :D

The lows of film are really low because you've got so much invested in it, but the highs can be really awesome!

Sigh. It's not my day.

Hey it happens. I've done it more than once. Which means that I have not had my head screwed on right more than once.

OP: Don't give up on film just because of silly mistakes. We've ALL made them. Some of my recent doozies:

(...and mind you, I'd been shooting for about 20 years and still make silly mistakes.)

-I loaded 400 ISO film and forgot what I loaded. Shot the whole roll at 100 ISO.

-While shooting with a rangefinder, I left on a yellow filter for an entire roll of color film and didn't realize it. (You're not looking through the lens like you are with an SLR, so you don't see if anything is blocking the lens). The whole roll looked like I developed it in pee.

-Forgot there was already film in the camera and opened up the back. This unfortunately tends to ruin the images, but every once in a while, this same silly mistake can result in a very happy accident, such as:

Day 26 - Diner

The lows of film are really low because you've got so much invested in it, but the highs can be really awesome!

A few month ago i picked up a Rollei 35xf and shot a roll of HP5 (iso400) at iso25 :BangHead: still got some good images

Day 26 - Diner

Hey thanks for taking the time to share this with me... you're absolutely right. The highs do out way the lows. I'm going into my next roll confidently!

I can't believe I made such a silly mistake.

Don't feel bad about that even famous / great photographers make silly mistakes like this when they're starting out or unfamiliar with the equipment.

For example Gordon Parks

wait for around 3:00 and he explains how he double exposed almost every frame on his first shoot.

I can't believe I made such a silly mistake.

Don't feel bad about that even famous / great photographers make silly mistakes like this when they're starting out or unfamiliar with the equipment.

For example Gordon Parks

wait for around 3:00 and he explains how he double exposed almost every frame on his first shoot.

Haha! That was a really great story. Thank you so much! It's very encouraging.

Hey thanks for taking the time to share this with me... you're absolutely right. The highs do out way the lows. I'm going into my next roll confidently!

That's the spirit! Your silly mistake just means you're part of the club now ;)

Don't feel too bad. I develop my own black and white (like a lot of members in here) and I can't tell you how many times I've forgot to seal the dark box or idiotically taken the lid off the tank and ruined the film. Welcome to the world of film! I also agree with Braineack: Film > digital.

Don't feel too bad. I develop my own black and white (like a lot of members in here) and I can't tell you how many times I've forgot to seal the dark box or idiotically taken the lid off the tank and ruined the film. Welcome to the world of film! I also agree with Braineack: Film > digital.

So you were able to figure out what he meant by that? :boggled:

Digital film.

Film is greater than digital. It's much betterer. It's the besterest. But really it is. You can get a hell of a lot better film camera for $300 than you can digital...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back