I'm impressed with me :)

They are too dark, too noisy, out of focus, and have too much dead space.

I honestly would not have wasted time post processing these pictures. Try shooting again, but use the following settings:

ISO 100
f/8.0

This will give you a larger DoF, which is what you need. manually focus the shots. Turn AF completely off. Make sure that you're getting the proper exposure when you TAKE the photo. It looks like you're boosting the exposure in post, which is making the photos more noisy. Just use a longer shutter speed instead. At ISO 200, you should have no visible noise.

Keep practicing!

thanks robert :) I will play around some more tonight! :)

about posting reshoots - should they be posted in their own new thread? Or just attached to the original?

post them in here that way we'll all be sure to see them. Also, no sense in clogging up the forums with different threads about the same subject.

k :) I was just curious because last time I did the reshoot with the wine bottle, flowers, and glass together, I posted them in the same thread and got like 2 or 3 replies after that... Nothing really significant :(

lol thanks robert :)

I am heading up to reshoot these pics :) They should be posted within an hour...

I am going to take everyone's advice and see what I can do :) Hopefully I will be able to get more good comments :) Made me feel good to see some of the good comments here... Also put me at ease to know that I wasn't the only one who they seemed out of focus to :)

So, I'm going to run manual focus, f/8, ISO 100 and I'm going to pull the subject away from the background a bit :)

I think that was pretty much everyone's suggestions :)

I don't have much to offer- But when you do this again could you try wiping off the glass to take finger prints off the bottle, and the glasses too.. All I see are those.. Stuff like that jumps out at me.

lol Danielle, you sound like me :) I did notice them myself, but I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to them because I'm trying to just get my feet wet at this point with "technicalities" :)

Okay, so here's the reshoot...

There is NO PP done on either of these pics... I chose not to use the flowers, glass, or bottle again... I'm kinda bored with them :/ But I loved my son's fire truck and KNEW it would be a good subject..

Both were shot at ISO 100 and f/8 (at robert's suggestion), pulled forward from the background (at dominantly's suggestion), and manually focused (again at robert's suggestion)... I feel like both are a little bit tilted, but my tripod is just a cheapo from walmart and I think it sucks to be honest... :/ I'm considering returning it until I have enough money that I can blow $200 on a good one from adorama...

I chose this picture of the fire truck because it came out the best as far as color without PP...
021-1.jpg

This is just a pretty perfume bottle that my mom had sitting on the dresser in her room (yes I asked her permission to use it... lol) and I wanted to play around with it... I couldn't get it to focus on all of the pewter birds and flowers and stuff... Might just be something within the camera that I am not familiar with yet...
027-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back