i'm in iraq...here are my pics...btw i'm new (dial-up beware)

Black94sol, I am completely impressed by your collection here. I get to see another side of the house for once, I am in the navy and have only recently returned from the Persian Gulf. Stay safe out there and when your tour is up Missouri wont know what hit it! Thank you for your time, Photos, and service!

Ron

(You might be better off if you put a few rounds through the camel spiders!)

Jason, Great photo's ! and thank you for helping to preserve our freedom. I have 2 son's serving in the U.S. ARMY. One in Korea (2nd ID) and youngest in Fort Drum (10th Mt LI) heading back to Iraq in June. He's in aviation 15B and loves to work on the Cobra/Blackhawk and the Kiawa's. HOOAH ! ! Looking forward to more photos

Feels like they would much rather be in the General Gallery, the Galleries for for displaying our photos, and the "pure discussion" forums (such as this Beginner's Forum) are for ... well ... erm ... discussions, aren't they? So I shall move these.

But before I do so let me say: WELCOME to ThePhotoForum to you, Black94.

And a tip on the side: post fewer pics in one thread. It is much easier for most to give feedback on not as many as these, see? And when you still feel like posting more than say 4 pics in one thread, number them! That will make commenting on an individual one easier for the other members, too.

I like the old plane shot best and I heard about those nasty spiders. Is it true you shot camels and surround your camp to ward them off, or is that just a war story? Hurry back and thanks for sharing your pictures. Are you not censored from sending pictures????
Cosmo

great series, keep up the shooting. you will find a lot of chances to take great pics while there.

I've been home a year from my deployment, stay safe bro.

check out the storm link in my sig, that's a haboob we had while i was there.

Welcome to the forum!
Like many have said, be safe, hope you can go home soon.

Now on the pics... some are really great! I'm sure you'll re-post some in the different galleries and we'll have the chance to talk about them.

As a general note, I can say I like the storm and the fire a lot.

Also some of the ones showing the equipment and part of the base and the maintenance? activities are quite interesting,.

From the ones that have people as focus, the one with the guy wearing a beanie and high neck is my fav. The others are too "posed" and seem snapshots.

Some tips, if I may: learn how your camera measures light and how to manipulate that. It would improve the backlit pics.

I'm sure there are interesting characters and situations. Try to get some pics that show it. Some close-ups that show the emotion and / or concentration regarding the activites over there.

I'd also love to see more close ups of the details of the vehicles, like the one of the fuel cap (?) and the "danger" triangle.

Keep 'em comin' and don't be afraid to ask questions!

great pics I wouldn't be able to sleep with those spiders around!

I too, like seeing these photos from someone over there instead of on the news. You did a much better job. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for what you do and God bless!!

(Ghastly) Krueger said:
I'd also love to see more close ups of the details of the vehicles, like the one of the fuel cap (?) and the "danger" triangle.

you saw all the pics of the subject...it's the helicopter. thats where i got the fuel cap, danger triangle from.

thanks for comments, and sorry to the mod, i didn't realize there was a different forum to post this in. my mistake.

remember critques are welcome just post the pic, if you feel like counting and finding it :lmao:

Love the shots! I also have the kodak Z740, not shure why your complaining about the batteries, I think their fantastic you can take over 200 pics with them while others wither out at about 40. One thing about the 740, it and low light do not mix well. Make shure you have a tripod and youll be fine ;) Keep up with the shots they look great!

Yikes, like 45 images.

IMG_1022.jpg

I love how everything is placed. It's just a real calm-looking place and the moon looks so nice.

IMG_1129-2.jpg

I honestly don't think it's that good of a shot. More of a snapshot. (others may disagree though). It's my favorite, though, because when I looked at it, it actually made me jump. I love picture that make me expression emotion. =P

IMG_1167.jpg

I love how the water is splashing up and the background looks real neat. I also think that the angle, so that you can see the stones/pebbles so well, makes the picture even more intteresting.

IMG_1336-2.jpg

It's nice, and I really like the lightning. What is the subject, though? The lightning or the moon? I think if you pulled the camera over to the right and got the full lightning line in it would've been better. Using the rule of thirds, but not cutting it off any.

IMG_1394.jpg

Gosh, the fire is so beautiful! I'd love to by sitting infront of a fire right now!! What's burning?

100_0295.jpg

I like this one is very interesting.

NICE SHOTS! =) I like your photography a lot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back