I'm Just Beginning. So let me know what you think.

samsmama227

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a few shoots I took of my son. They are with just a regular digit camera. I took them before I got my new camera. So let me know what you think. Remember I'm just starting out.

DSCI0077.jpg

DSCI0089-1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see any photos :(

Read THIS to find out how to post images.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :)

Remember I'm just starting out.

So by this you mean you don't want harsh (and honest) criticism because you are new and are just looking for a pat on the back saying nice job and keep at it? Critiques are critiques regardless of skill level me thinks.

Welcome to the forum! Its a great place to learn and share :)

So by this you mean you don't want harsh (and honest) criticism because you are new and are just looking for a pat on the back saying nice job and keep at it? Critiques are critiques regardless of skill level me thinks.

Jesus Christ. OR they mean, "Hey I am new. I Understand these photos may not be correct, but I am a beginner so please deconstruct these on a beginners level and don't start throwing out advanced techniques that I wouldn't even know about or have the ability to utilize at my level."

Seriously.

Having said that, you have a child so your opportunity for captures is great. One of the first things to learn (if you are already familiar with Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO sensitivities -if not bone up on that), is how to control the light you have available, and how to position it so that you're not dealing with harsh highlights like we have here. If you have your back to the sun (and thus the camera as well), you can minimize the presence of mean old Mr. Sun. Same with using a lens hood (for future reference) to control lens flare (that produces that hazy light noise you sometimes see).

As for composition. It's a baby, rims dont really say "innocence" to me, so much as a crib might, or playing around with their toys.

And lastly, the last one looks out of focus, larger sized pictures in future might help people offer better critiques. I usually go for 800 on the long side, and let my editing program resolve the other length.

Jesus Christ. OR they mean, "Hey I am new. I Understand these photos may not be correct, but I am a beginner so please deconstruct these on a beginners level and don't start throwing out advanced techniques that I wouldn't even know about or have the ability to utilize at my level."

Seriously.

Having said that, you have a child so your opportunity for captures is great. One of the first things to learn (if you are already familiar with Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO sensitivities -if not bone up on that), is how to control the light you have available, and how to position it so that you're not dealing with harsh highlights like we have here. If you have your back to the sun (and thus the camera as well), you can minimize the presence of mean old Mr. Sun. Same with using a lens hood (for future reference) to control lens flare (that produces that hazy light noise you sometimes see).

As for composition. It's a baby, rims dont really say "innocence" to me, so much as a crib might, or playing around with their toys.

And lastly, the last one looks out of focus, larger sized pictures in future might help people offer better critiques. I usually go for 800 on the long side, and let my editing program resolve the other length.

Thank you. And also thank you for the advice. Ill remember that next time. I appreciate it.

Great start. Welcome to the forum. Keep practicing, besides practice makes perfect! :wink:

When photographing children it is best to get low. Try to keep the camera angle at their level ... not at yours.

Most reactions

Back