Im kinda split in two!

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to start into some film work as in my opinion it makes you think! none of this shoot first think later crap. Just got my Dark room equipment in today(free from grandpa). The problem i have is i just got me 5D MKII in this week too. So i want to test out my 5D but kinda want to shoot film more. :confused:

What should i shoot over the next week?

Shoot a couple of rolls of film and then spend evenings developing and processing. Use other available time to use the digital camera.

Use the digital camera to photograph yourself using the film camera or developing film.

Well, personally (and not that it really matters) I'm not sure why you got a 5DII with the glass you have.

That being said...
I am going to start into some film work as in my opinion it makes you think! none of this shoot first think later crap.

I think this argument is silly, and really rather ridiculous.

do people shoot first and think later? sure. But are you forced to do so simply because you are shooting digital? Absolutely not.

Besides, with film you kind of have to do both, you shoot first and then later you have to think back to what you did on that particular shot, and how it worked out.

Ive got 4 roles of film im going to shoot. 3 24ex and 1 36ex
The first 3 are to test developing and the last one i actually want to turn out.

It just seems like a wast to drop $2500 then pick up my 3000N that i got for free.

but i like your idea of shooting myself shooting.

Take pictures of your 5D with your film camera :)

Well, personally (and not that it really matters) I'm not sure why you got a 5DII with the glass you have.

i Got the 5D for my sisters wedding. I will be renting better glass and hopefully in the nearish future will be buying some.

I'm finding out that the people who know what they are doing may take much much longer working the digital images in their digital dark room than they do working out the taking of the image.

This hobby can get as deep and involved and expensive as you want but taking the digital image is only the tip of the iceberg.

I scan my film then use the digital darkroom. And I'm only starting to learn. I think my next new toy will be one of those pads and pen that replace the mouse. I'm hearing they make digital darkroom work much easier. And there are two lightroom ad-ons I want.

But god help me, I've put in a bid on another old film camera. So much stuff to buy and so little time to use it.

I think my next new toy will be one of those pads and pen that replace the mouse. I'm hearing they make digital darkroom work much easier.

Once you get a graphics tablet, you won't go back. I love my Wacom Intuos4 Medium.

What should i shoot over the next week?

Stuff, people, and places you find interesting. What camera you use probably won't make much difference.

Most reactions

Back