Im looking for a Timer Camera Remote Control Shutter Cable for my T4i

imtravy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to spend under $50. Thanks for any help

Preferably from best buy. I have gift cards from there.

Not sure what a timer camera remote is, but I assume it's for time lapses. If so, you may be able to (I'm not sure if it's available for the T4i) get Magic Lantern, and it gives you the option for in-camera time lapses.

-Ken Turner

TheKenTurner said:
Not sure what a timer camera remote is, but I assume it's for time lapses. If so, you may be able to (I'm not sure if it's available for the T4i) get Magic Lantern, and it gives you the option for in-camera time lapses.

-Ken Turner

I don't know if its compatible. Do you have a video on installing it?

If you're not looking for time-lapse photography, then the built-in self timer in the T4i could likely fill the bill.

Per page 104 of the T4i user manual at the Canon website, a 2 second and 10 second timer is available, as well as a 10 second multi-shot (up to 10) timer. I most recently used the 2 second timer on my camera to get very stable, movement free Christmas tree shots around 1/20th, low light, low ISO. That way, my pressing the shutter wouldn't be shaking the camera. And 10 seconds is very usable to 'get in the picture' yourself.

Here's the online Canon user manual for the T4i
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0300007695/01/eosrt4i-eos650d-im-c-en.pdf

The links i posted above is for the T4i and can be used to take as many shots as you want for eg. You can take 100 shots with 10 secs between each shot...

Yes, you can set the exposure you want. If you put your camera in Bulb mode you can take a photo an hour long if you wanted to providing the batteries hold up...

Most reactions

Back