I'm losing my d***n mind. Help me pick.

Which should I use for my "About Me" page and in my Senior Magazine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going with the second, too. And here's why:

Your expression and body language in your first image suggests vulnerability, shyness, and with your arm across your body, defensiveness. Whereas, in the second you appear upright, with your shoulders up and head held high. You look alert, confident and stimulated.

Eye contact is not necessary here. And even if it were, I think your first image has the wrong kind of eye contact.

pic1 is sexy with the arm across pulling the clothes tight and emphasize the body shape and the eye to eye just tops it for me.

John.

#1 is a far better portrait, imo, in terms of lighting, expression, framing, etc. I understand the comments others have made about the subtleties of it, but you could drive yourself crazy that way and not pick anything. Anyhow, if I were looking to hire someone, I don't know that I'd be looking for assertive and "in-your-face" and might prefer the thoughtful "vibe" of the first one.

Keep away from st johns wort very addictive people don't realise how powerful it is

Don't worry, I can't take it anymore anyway. I started the BC pill yesterday and they don't play nice together... :laughing:

I'm going with the second, too. And here's why:

Your expression and body language in your first image suggests vulnerability, shyness, and with your arm across your body, defensiveness. Whereas, in the second you appear upright, with your shoulders up and head held high. You look alert, confident and stimulated.

Eye contact is not necessary here. And even if it were, I think your first image has the wrong kind of eye contact.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm actually leaning towards the second I think. Your post is in agreement with a few of my friends that I've asked outside of this forum, haha. :)

I've only cast one vote, but my wife and I agree that we like #2 better. My wife's comment about #1 was that your expression says "do not take my picture", while I thought it gave more of a "what can I do to jerk you around" vibe. Either way, it might be appropriate for your mood today - but I think #2 produces a more pleasant reaction in the viewer.

(I also find that the combination of you in that red dress is absolutely stunning. It's not why I voted for #2, but it does make a very nice bonus.)

I'm voting for #2. I feel like it's brighter and a little... happier, and people like that happiness crap.

#2 for the exact reasons Forkie mentioned. The eye contact in #1 is good but the pose suggest insecurity. The second pose projects more confidence.

1 is emotionally stronger and a better image
2 is stronger technically

Go with #1

I love photo 2! The lighting is beautiful and you look more inviting! You're gorgeous by the way :)

I like the first one a lot more.

The second looks too stiff and awkward (mostly because your hands are blah and it feels like I can hear the photographer saying "okay now look out into the distance all introspectively, omg perdect).

And because I always associate photographer bio pics with the kind of images they take. If the bio pic is "meh" then I assume they photographer will settle for "meh" when photographing me.

So while the first might suggest insecurity, to me it shows a strong emotional connection to the camera, which makes me believe that that's what you aim for in your photos and thus, will give me during my shoot.

So meta

I think the eye contact is mandatory for your stated purpose. #2 is a good shot but not for what you intend here.

Having said that, #1 is while technically speaking a good shot, as others have said your facial expression and body language just does not work here.

Re-shoot #1, but get a confidant look on your face, and do something different with your arms/hands.

I prefer #2. In #1 your expression and pose reminds me of the look my kids give me when they are getting yelled at or know they are in trouble.

#2 all the way - not even close. #2 has much sharper focus and a far better facial expression. Yeah, you get eye contact with #1 but you also get a strong "I'm so nervous and awkward" vibe from it plus the facial expression I don't think projects the message you want to send.

Most reactions

Back