im new but here are my latest shots (cars)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by snapz1987, Mar 1, 2010.

1. snapz1987

snapz1987 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hope u like

2. Retro_10s

Retro_10s TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My thoughts on these are (and by the way - Please don't take these comments too personally, I'm hoping they can be constructive for you, these are only my opinions)

Photo 1: Focus seems a bit shaky and the DOF is a bit too shallow, my eyes aren't comfortable to rest on the image - a bit more car in the frame and it would be better

Photo2: Doesn't look straight, but there are lots of angles going on, The car could do with featuring a bit more confidently - for example, get lower down and further back, lets see some more ground and wheels etc,.. The car almost seems to be an after thought in this one as it's not well placed - and the indicator is distracting.

Photo 3: I like this one a little more - However the Focus seems shakey and the BMW is sticking its nose in from behind,.. definitely not meant to be there in my opinion and really makes a mess of the picture.

Photo 4: This is a strange one, i'm not sure about this one but The other cars in the background ruin the picture as well as the person on the right looking straight at the camera. Perhaps get a little higher and straighter for this sort of picture - I like the concept.

Photo 5: Seems blurry to me, And the back end of the car is cut off which I really don't like, I wish i could offer more useful advice for this picture but I just don't think the composition is very good to start with,...

Photo 6: Something doesn't sit right about this one - perhaps it's the lowered kerb, I'm not sure, Looks blurry again and the angle of car make sit look like it was parked there by accident and ruined an otherwise great picture of some graffiti! I think you could do more with this however.

Photo7: I like this one, It's original, some good creativity going on here again, I would say that if you had managed (granted it's a difficult angle) to get a little more car in frame and lose the red barrier infront of the person it would be much better.

Are you shooting Manual or automatic? Try a different aperture for starters. And are you using a tripod at all? if not, get one - they're really really handy for this sort of picture. I love the concept behind these pictures, A very urban sort of feel to these,.. Very 'need for speed' lol.

3. snapz1987

snapz1987 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cheers mate no offence taken all very helpful comments, the blur is porbs comin from the fact that i quickly shopped the jpeg not the raw, could i have a look at some of your shots please

4. LearnMyShot

LearnMyShot TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the last one best! I think more camera shake may be interesting....nice

5. DerekSalem

DerekSalem TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Were you using a tripod? The EXIF doesn't say what lens you're using so I'm guessing you're using some type of IS lens but without a tripod. At 1/13 that would explain the little amount of blur there is around the picture.

For stationary pictures like this you'll want absolutely no shake. Get a good tripod and either set it to 2-second delay or use a remote (so even you touching the shutter button doesn't shake the camera)

6. robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    They could all use a bit of sharpening.

cool scenery though.

7. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    All shot on auto and camera chose a shutter speed that was too slow and every shot is blurred from camera shake

8. SushiWarrior

SushiWarrior TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    IMO the background WAY overpowers the cars.

9. mrpink

mrpink No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    X2. Next time, pull the cars out of the way and shoot. They (the cars) seem dull against the vibrant graffiti.

p!nK

10. gardy90

gardy90 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the reflection of the wall off of the car in the 1st one, and love the way the last shot is split with the guy and car in focus but the piller in the middle not

11. SNAPaPHOTO

SNAPaPHOTO TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The background is distracting from the cars, maybe if you opened to a larger aperture (shallow DoF) it would tone down the colors in the background.