(I'm new.) First pic really that i messed with in photoshop. :)

crricha13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First
DSCN0493.jpg

After
bridgeDSCN0493.jpg

This picture was just taken with a Nikon Coolpix S9, with 6.1 MP. Just getting my feet wet with photography. :) So let me know what you think.

Before
DSCN0506.jpg

After
bridge2DSCN0506.jpg

:confused:Sleep time, its 3AM.

Cropping was a wise thing to do, though I feel regret that you decided to lose the chainlink fence in your new version. On the other hand, you kept a bit of blown (too bright) sky and tried to do something about that sky (so it seems) which did not help it any. It is so blotchy now.

The sepia toning, however, is subtle - and subtlety in this case is good!

Oh, a second is coming up while I post ... well, that photo does not convince me to begin with. Not at all. And the post treatment does so even less. Sorry. Sleep time, as you say ... though it is 9 in the morning where I am :greenpbl: !

Thanx for review, and yeah the sky is ugly, but im new, so ill learn to fix that stuff. :p And what do you mean by sepia toning? :blushing:

The first photo that you are showing us here is really black and white. Blacks are black. Whites are white. Grey inbetween in all shades.
In the edit of yours, you added a bit of a yellowish-brown tone to your photo. That sort of brownish colouring is called "sepia". And I like how you did it and how LITTLE of that extra colour you added. Though I would still have cropped that one otherwise.

Ok, thanx, so you think i should leave the crop like it is, or leave the fence part in, i like it, but i like the older look it gives the bridge without it. :confused: Thanx :D

I would have kept the chain link fence in the original photo. It added something interesting to the ties of the bridge. Maybe I just like the way it came out. I would have to agree that something needs to be done about the sky. Otherwise it's a good shot!

As for the 2nd shot. If you could go back there and shoot from a higher vantedge point that would be better. Although the stone and mortar supports are interesting the underside of the bridge isn't very interesting and It's a little distracting. Just my $.02... for what it's worth.

Thanks, i will try and get a better shot of the second picture like you recommended. :D And yes im learning now about how to fix the sky :p, and most likely will leave the chain fence in. :D Thanks for comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back