im new, help would be nice

CoreyCarnage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So iv been using my friends D3000 just for fun and iv really been likeing it. I used it to shoot my buddies band perform and i really enjoyed it. so basically im looking to get my own camera and start taking pics for fun but also seriously. will prob be using it at alot of live shows.
just looking for a point in the right direction on wat camera to get, things i need to know and wat not

thanks! :)

old_camera_1.png

or

old-camera.jpg

Both are good, excellent ISO performance, etc.

:lmao:

I might have been more helpful if you didn't use "wat" ... :er:

Edit: Gah, ok ok...I'll be nice.

There are tons of threads on here about "what camera should I buy" etc. Just spend a few minutes reading so people don't have to repeat themselves and you'll learn everything you want to know :)

Last edited:
whats your budget?
what brand do you like?
go to a local electronic store and play with cameras - see which one feels right in your hands, that is the one for you...
good luck

im just looking to see WAT a good beginner set up would be just so i know where to start looking

im just looking to see WAT a good beginner set up would be just so i know where to start looking

I'm^

And we already told you where to look. In this very forum I can count over 5 threads on the first page dealing with this exact topic. Do a little clicking and reading. :mrgreen:

did i ask for help on my spelling? dont remember.
you really are coming off as a jerk. from your title to now. You here b/c you need help, show a little courtesy to people who are reading your thread and willing to respond. If you're corrected, either in spelling, grammar and or photography take note of it and learn from it rather then fighting.

:gah: Like we need any more spelling and grammar trolls on this forum. Sheesh. Just ignore them.

Go with a D90 if you can swing the extra price, you'll have more lenses to choose from. The D3000 and D5000 can only autofocus with AF-S and AF-I lenses.

:gah: Like we need any more spelling and grammar trolls on this forum. Sheesh. Just ignore them.

:lol:

It just gets under my skin when someone isn't willing to use even halfway decent spelling/grammar when talking to adults. This isn't the World of Warcraft forums, this is an adult forum for adult hobbyists and adult professionals.

The use of slang like "wat", "wut" and misuse of "your, you're" and worse "ur" is juvenile, ignorant, and distracting. :soapbox:

:lol:

It just gets under my skin when someone isn't willing to use even halfway decent spelling/grammar when talking to adults. This isn't the World of Warcraft forums, this is an adult forum for adult hobbyists and adult professionals.

The use of slang like "wat", "wut" and misuse of "your, you're" and worse "ur" is juvenile, ignorant, and distracting. :soapbox:

Agreed, except for the fact that this isn't an adults-only forum. But you're new here so I think we can cut you some slack. ;)

Even though it annoys me also, I ignore it and look at the bigger picture. I can read what they're saying and that's all that matters. Nitpicking on spelling and grammar is petty.

If this was an English composition forum then it would be a different story.

Agreed, except for the fact that this isn't an adults-only forum. But you're new here so I think we can cut you some slack. ;)

Even though it annoys me also, I ignore it and look at the bigger picture. I can read what they're saying and that's all that matters. Nitpicking on spelling and grammar is petty.

If this was an English composition forum then it would be a different story.

I didn't mean adults-ONLY...my fault for making it sound that way.

As for the rest...

Touché :thumbup: I'm done :lol:

I would focus on your glass first, if your shooting live events you need a 2.8, or lower. The body matters but not as much as the lens, you can have a 1d or 5d and shoot with a f4.5 lens and be struggling!!! Trust me I have done it! :lmao: Then I shot an XTI with a 70-200 f2.8L and got awesome results... Get a toss around body and focus on a nice piece of glass, because once you by an L it will last you your whole career if you are good with your equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back