I'm new here! ..photo of my dog

lesliechelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! My name is Leslie.
I've been interested in photography for several years now. I am nowhere near a professional, so I am interested in learning all that I can about photography.

Today, I've been working on my white balance and exposure compensation. I also calibrated my monitor today for the very first time.

Here is a photo of my dog, Karo, that I would like for everyone to critique.

SOOC2.jpg

Oh, and that is a cherry-eye she's got...in case anyone is wondering.
(She's had it since she was a puppy, and it doesn't hurt...I don't even think she knows its there.)

Thanks!! -Leslie

Focus on the pooch with eyes and muzzle fine but the chair leg distracts me so perhaps a little cheating is called for in Photoshop
649745688_5ce82d9710_o.jpg

I have blurred and slightly desaturated the background - sorry a very quick selection using quickmask and boosted the super pooch with curves to try and give it a bit more punch. Come on Guys - show us how it should be done!

Sorry I forgot to say welcome - I have learnt a lot here and made good friends along the way!

that missing ear kind of limits the cropping but I thought I would toss in a different look for you to think about. Sorry the airbrush work is a bit sloppy but I just did a quick change to the image. If you chose to go this way you would of course be more careful.
52zoyyu.jpg

This opinion is offered freely and is worth every penny.

Most reactions

Back