I'm new here! ..photo of my dog

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by lesliechelle, Jun 27, 2007.

1. lesliechelle

lesliechelle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello! My name is Leslie.
    I've been interested in photography for several years now. I am nowhere near a professional, so I am interested in learning all that I can about photography.

Today, I've been working on my white balance and exposure compensation. I also calibrated my monitor today for the very first time.

Here is a photo of my dog, Karo, that I would like for everyone to critique.

[​IMG]

Oh, and that is a cherry-eye she's got...in case anyone is wondering.
    (She's had it since she was a puppy, and it doesn't hurt...I don't even think she knows its there.)

Thanks!! -Leslie

2. Fangman

Fangman No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Focus on the pooch with eyes and muzzle fine but the chair leg distracts me so perhaps a little cheating is called for in Photoshop
    [​IMG]

I have blurred and slightly desaturated the background - sorry a very quick selection using quickmask and boosted the super pooch with curves to try and give it a bit more punch. Come on Guys - show us how it should be done!

Sorry I forgot to say welcome - I have learnt a lot here and made good friends along the way!

3. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    that missing ear kind of limits the cropping but I thought I would toss in a different look for you to think about. Sorry the airbrush work is a bit sloppy but I just did a quick change to the image. If you chose to go this way you would of course be more careful.
    [​IMG]
    This opinion is offered freely and is worth every penny.