I'm New Here

twoloosescrews

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just found this forum recently, have done some lurking and this is my first post. I bought my camera 2 years ago and have done very little photography other than point and shoot personal stuff not what you would consider photography though.Anyway I think I'm really going to get into learning my camera and photography aspects ya know to become better. My camera is a Nikon D40 w/18-55 and 55-200VR lens, and just got for these for xmas, a battery grip, remote, and sb-400 flash. I think its a good beginner setup.The one thing I don't have is any photo editing software, I'll have to look into that.Here are some of my better pics I think.

My Fiance', I took this picture after a storm rolled through.
DSC_0471.jpg

Same time and place as the first pic, it is the bay bridge.
DSC_0502.jpg

This is just a pic of my back yard, but I think it looks creepy.
DSC_0377-2.jpg

Just some abondoned barn.
DSC_0259.jpg

Cool reflection pic I did.
DSC_0293.jpg

My Smith & Wesson M&P
DSC_0565.jpg

My Fiance', out on my boat.
DSC_0116.jpg

Hi tooloose, and welcome to TPF. Nice of you to post some pics in your intro!

GIMP is great FREE photo editing software

Your photos say they are ok to edit. I took a crack at the first one. Hope you don't mind.

DSC_0471.jpg

Welcome to the studio. I really like the one of the reflection

Michael

the bridge shot is pretty cool
there is too much tilt in the woman on the boat shot, almost makes her look like she is about to fall in the water

nice to see a new comer with some nice images, welcome

the bridge shot is pretty cool
there is too much tilt in the woman on the boat shot, almost makes her look like she is about to fall in the water

nice to see a new comer with some nice images, welcome

Yes, quite refreshing! :thumbup:

I really love the reflection shot. I imagine that you couldn't get closer or having a bigger lens. I would love to have had a 300mm to zoom in to the snow covered "bush" right by the water! :drool:

Thank you all for you comments, I will look into that GIMP program, any C&C would be great, it can only help me get better.Thanks

Most reactions

Back