I'm new - some help with my photos?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by *natasha*, Jan 11, 2005.

1. *natasha*

*natasha* TPF Noob!

I just got my first SLR camera for Christmas, and this is from my first roll - basically trying out how the camera works. Although I was a bit disappointed with my first attempts. I know we can't be expert all at once, but still... :)
    I think how much a polarizing filter might have helped these pictures, but wondering if anyone has any other advice. The good thing is that this building is in a field behind my house, so it's easy to go shoot it anytime I want. :)
    Oh, also my monitor is crap so I can't really tell if I should adjust the contrast on these or not, or how much. Thanks everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i would try to sharpen the image a bit using photoshop or something like that. other than that, they are looking good!! great first attempt!!

md

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

The lighting angles look good and the colors are OK, gotta agree with MD in that a little sharpening would help but overall a darn good start!

4. Benjim

Benjim TPF Noob!

They are a good start - just keep going. :)

Watch the level of your frame, and you might want to have a look into the "rule of thirds" as a compositional technique.