I'm new: some of my photos and whatnot.

LunarFlame

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've only gained an interest in photography in the past couple of years. I currently own a Kodak Z650 which I have found to be helpful in regards to learning the basics of aperature, shutter speeds, etc. I am starting to get a little bored with it though, but I am torn between whether I should just buy some lenses for it, or if I should take the plunge and invest in a more "advanced" camera such as a Nikon D80 or Canon Rebel for example.

I am still really new to things and still learning what settings make a good picture and how to properly operate my camera. Any suggestions as to what may be a good choice for me would be great.

I thought I would include some of my favorite photos as well in hopes that some of you more seasoned photoraphers can offer me suggestions in how I can better my photography, etc. I tend to be mostly an animal/nature photographer, but I also hope to get out of that element as well. Some of the photos are a bit random, I partake in Project 365, so I sometimes get bored and take pictures of random things...lol

apr12.jpg

apr21.jpg

apr28.jpg

may3.jpg

june15.jpg

july22-1.jpg

july23.jpg

aug20.jpg

oct29.jpg

dec5.jpg

dec8.jpg

may1808.jpg

jan18.jpg

jan31.jpg

feb22-1.jpg

may0107.jpg

birds.jpg

jan20liz.jpg

feb6.jpg

greyble.jpg

you have a great eye and what appears to be a great tool.

Where do you see needing more(equipment) when you shoot?

I only see lack of light as a problem in some of your photos. other than that nice work.

you have a great eye and what appears to be a great tool.

Where do you see needing more(equipment) when you shoot?

I only see lack of light as a problem in some of your photos. other than that nice work.

Thank you :)

The only really issues I am experiencing as of now is the fact that there are limits on how far I can push the setting of my camera. The aperature, shutter speed and ISO are only adjustable to a certain level. I'd love to be able to have longer shutter speed times for example but I believe it only goes to 8seconds, and the ISO is maxed at 400.

With a Rebel you can buy a flash that you could aim away from instead of directly at your subjects. This would remove the distracting "flash burns" Not sure what to call it.

mm yes, that is another issue. The darn built-in flash. I try not to use it much because it never really does much for my photos other than make them look wonky...

Amazing! You deserve a better camera so go and get something good (it seems you're eyeing the D80). You'll be happy with a D80 and an external flash.

liking what i've seen, too many to talk about them all but i've seen a few that really caught my eye, you're on the right track and if you think getting a d80 or a canon go for it, especially if as you say it will expand your possibilities when it comes to option, a dSLR definately offers a lot of versatility (in many cases provided you have the cash) but great things can be done with simple equipment...well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back