Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by stev, Jul 12, 2010.
3 The tree in the background looks like a heart
Her facial expression in the first one makes her appear masculine.
they are pretty decent it makes me wonder what the first one would look like if her head was pointed a little bit more towards the camera
C&C per req:
1. I like the composition here, but I'd prefer to see head angled just a little more toward the camera so that her eyes aren't looking so much to the left. I'd also just dialing up the light on your secondary light just a hair... maybe 1/3 stop. The shadow across her eye is a bit annoying. Also, make sure she smiles!
2. An interesting image, but the lighting is rather flat and uninteresting. I think this would have HUGE potential as a B&W if lit just a little differently. I'm thinking dialing back the key light and then adding a snooted secondary at low power to produce some deep shadow.
3. Ehhh... this one does nothing for me. The background is busy and distracting, the subject is under-exposed and she doesn't look happy.
Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.
1. The image looks sharp and the lighting is fine. Just like what the others said, I also want her head to kind of tilt a bit in front of the camera.
2. Looks overexposed due to the amount of flash used. I think it's better if she makes an eye contact on the camera with this pose.
3. Now I want to see her smile on this picture. It looks plain. Though the heart-shaped-tree background looks cool, it really doesn't do much to help the picture.
That's just my opinion.. don't let that stop you from shooting more portraits. Good luck!
Thanks for the C&C, will try and improve next time
This looks better?
I do prefer the black & white version. She's an attractive girl. I do wish that her eyes were just a tad more open in this B&W shot...Though it is my preference of the three photos.
Careful when shooting around fence posts like that... The post is crooked and has a negative influence on the overall picture in my opinion.
Every $0.02 counts I agree with the eyes.
Separate names with a comma.