I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share

Matt87109

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the whole hobby, but am enjoying learning so far.

smoke.jpg

cactus.jpg

su.jpg

hey ya matt!
thanks for sharing those pics matey! pretty darn good for someone just starting the hobby (better watch out or it will become an obsession before to long!!)

looks like you live in a nice place to take pics too!

just a really quick critique :)

1. I really dig the clouds here. Tell more about your camera/film. Is this APS film or did you just crop it this way? Anyways I like the panaramic view. The fire/clouds/ are fascinating. hrrm, maybe punch up the colours a bit, the trees on the left are a bit dark - but overall a very nice shot :)

2. I am debating if this one or the one above is my favourite! This one is very cool, albeit slightly busy. Were you trying to focus on the bug? The elemennts that I am attracted to in the picture are the yellow bud and the blue sky. The yellow bud here is quite powerful and I would like to see more of a focus on it, but its a good shot nonetheless! :thumbsup:

3. Good subject. One word though. "Magenta". Looks like its got a bit too much of magenta in the colour balance. Plus those gorgeous eyes are are lost a bit in the dark face. the shadow is falling on its muzzle try a shot from the opposite direction.

Would like to see more of the 'dog' in the picture - its a beautiful beast. The tail and forepaws are cut out of the frame. The top bit of the pic distracts slightly picture. Sorry about being nickpicky on this, I love the subject, so I'd love to see more shots of this dog :)

Cheers, Matt thank you for posting! Hope to see more stuff from ya :)

**note to voocat if he reads this post***
is common to get a magenta tint in your pics if you live out the desert?

Thanks..... I used my 1.3MP Olympus 360L digital. The top shot was a panoramic stitch. These were taken over the last few years.

I bought a Canon Powershot G3 4MP digital a few months ago and am starting to figure out the manual settings fairly well. I plan on shooting my girlfriend's show cats. I've also been doing some macro shots of small electronic devices my company manufactures.

Thanks for the comments.

Matt

Terrific start Matt!
Order of preference is 1, 2, 3 and I really like that first one.
Welcome and keep shooting.

I agree with the others, fav is 1 , followed by 2 then 3. Very nice job on stiching the panaramic - sounds a bit intimidating, but apparently is worth the effort cause it came out great.

Cheers.

Cool pictures, Matt. Is that a cloud formation in the first one? Steam or smoke? Only one small nit on this one. The bottom right corner seems a bit blurred. I have yet to learn how to 'stitch' a panoramic. It is something I intend to learn, though. I love the second one. One suggestion... you might adjust your depth of field so the background does not detract from the subject at front. Awesome shot! I agree with vonnagy on the third one. Would love to see this one without the tail and paw being cut out. Magnificent animal, and a very nice shot.

nannabug said:
Cool pictures, Matt. Is that a cloud formation in the first one? Steam or smoke? Only one small nit on this one. The bottom right corner seems a bit blurred. I have yet to learn how to 'stitch' a panoramic. It is something I intend to learn, though. I love the second one. One suggestion... you might adjust your depth of field so the background does not detract from the subject at front. Awesome shot! I agree with vonnagy on the third one. Would love to see this one without the tail and paw being cut out. Magnificent animal, and a very nice shot.

Hi... thanks. It's a fire in SanteFe, NM. yeah... when I took the picture of sukhoi I didn't even know what depth of field meant :)

Thanks

vonnagy/cowbert098..... very nice websites by the way. I plan to go through them in detail when I get some extra time.

Most reactions

Back