I'm New..

DaRockwilder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm very new to Photograpy. I owned a 2.0 megapixel camera for a while, but I recently purchased a Kodak Z740. I'd just like to share a few of the pictures I've taken and get some general feedback, good or bad!

I have ALOT to learn. I'm well aware this camera is bottom of the barrel, but I didn't want to blow a pile of money on a camera only to find out I have no eye for a good picture. Most of these are taken on Auto, or a preset setting. I have yet to really tap into the PASM stuff, as its a little over my head at the moment.

I have a cheap wal-mart tripod that has a level on it. I can see in the pictures I get what I paid for. Most of them aren't level!

Anyways, let me know how I'm doing!!
Thanks alot!

Geese.jpg

river.jpg

Statue.jpg

treessun.jpg

Mountains.jpg

Bridge.jpg

i really like #1 and #4.

I'm quite new to photography myself, been taking pictures seriously for about 2 years now. But the most important thing to do is have fun and be creative. Ok people say about golden rules of doing this and that but photography is an art. Some people like what you do, some people don't. If you have captured what you set out to do then your doing ok.

Happy snapping!!

Hi owen, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
From what I can see here, not having "the eye" is definitely not your problem.
And you did some good work with the 2.0 megapixel camera, too! I can't say there's even one among the last four that I don't like! The winter pic and the flowers appeal to me most, though.
And of the first set?
Well, most striking is - without any doubt, I think - this enormously coloured sunset photo. Exposurewise, the other sunset (second photo of the first series) is best, though - I think...

Thanks very much all for the comments!

I think I'm going to pick up a polarizer filter, a Wide angle and a Telephoto lense shortly. Kodak makes all of them for my camera.

Ya got some really cool shots, and a great eye for captureing them.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi DaRockwilder. Well no need to worry if you have a good eye or not. The pics prove you do. I think you've done the sensible to to go with a P&S before spending a load of cash on a DSLR only to find it might be well out of your league.

As for the photos, I really like them! I think the misty snow trees one is just superb! Well done :) Post some more :)

ok. :D

I went to the park today and took a few pictures. Only a few of them turned out well, most are just point and shoot stuff. I think most of them are too bright too..

Leaf.jpg

Bridge2.jpg

moregeese2.jpg

flower.jpg

moregeese.jpg

Hey DaRockwilder, I wouldn't worry too much about the camera your using you clearly have a great eye for a photo. I use the model below your camera, a kodak dx6490. Yeah, its not the greatest, but it's all down too what you do with it. You don't want to fall victim to the 'all the gear, no idea' school of photography.... and you haven't so well done!!

Actually just as a side note, try to find the menu on the camera to adjust the sharpness (i think there is one on there). I know when ever i shoot a Kodak they look a tad over produced and are just a little too soft.

Most reactions

Back