Park036.jpg

Park037.jpg

#9 and some bumblebees
Park038.jpg

Park039.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

ohh ohhh ohhhhhhh #7

you caught the bee in that last shot beautifully. Of the butterfies, #6 stands out for me. I like the simple composition, the fact you can clearly see it's a butterfly and the majestic pose.
What lens are you using? I tried some bee shots the other day and realise that I need another lens.

thanks for the kinds replies :)
Sorry guys, i really need that talent myself.
And these were shot with my Sigma 70-300mm, the last bee shot was the one of like 20 pics that came out rather nice. Shooting them when sitting still can be done, but when they are flying............you just dont know which way they are going.

these were shot with my Sigma 70-300mm,
The f4-f5.6 APO DG Macro? I've tried some bee shots with my Tamron 70-300 which has similar specs to the sigma and my results are rubbish. So much so that I assumed I needed a much better lens like the 105mm f2.8 macro.
Mike

yup, thats the one. You just have to bee (ok, bad joke) patient and take lots of pics. You just have to look at them for a while and see how they fly and which way the will most likely go. Just pure luck that i got this one :)

Thanks, doenoe. If the sun ever shines in the UK again I'll see what I can do with my lens.
Mike

good luck :)
Little tip: if you are going to photograph butterflies, you sometimes see them on the ground or on a leave sunbathing. If you come to close it gets scared and flies away. Now the beauty part: just sit still and wait, cause most of the time they come back and go and sit on almost the same spot they were before.

Most reactions

Back