I'm off to Europe!

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ahh, these last three days have been so exciting! Thursday night was my 8th grade graduation, which was probably one of the most fun days of my life. Today we went to Six Flags (I might have to post some roller coaster shots), and tomorrow at 1:00 PM we're driving to the San Francisco airport and getting on a flight to Rome.

I'll be gone until June 26th, but expect A LOT of photos when I return. I recently ordered my first DSLR-- an Olympus Evolt E-500, but it hasn't come yet so I'll be using the same Kodak point and shoot I've always used.

We're going on a cruise-- throughout the Mediterranean.
Our itinerary:
Day 1: Rome, Italy
Day 2: At sea
Day 3: Mykonos, Greece
Day 4: Rhodes, Greece
Day 5: Santorini, Greece
Day 6&7: Istanbul, Turkey
Day 8: Ephesus, Turkey
Day 9: Athens, Greece
Day 10: At sea
Day 11: Naples, Italy
Day 12-16: Rome, Italy.

...If anyone cares.

:mrgreen: I'm so excited! This will be my first time overseas with my camera.
I'll miss TPF, though! (no laptop, shocking, I know.) :p

You suck!

No really, sounds great. The rest of us will be here just doing what we do.:(

Have you been to Europe/Italy before?

Enjoy! They're all beautiful countries with very nice people. Maybe you'll get too much attention from the Italians...:D...and they'll probably try to sell you a carpet or two in Turkey, but other than that....

J/K: have fun!!

pascal

You're making me jealous!

Just make sure you enjoy yourself. Rome is a fantastic place to visit, especially if you have a few days there like you seem to. Very easy to walk around between all the major attractions, see if you can get away from the organised tour though. Plenty of places to just wander off the beaten track as well.

Looking forward to seeing the images when you get back - take a spare memory card or two with you, I think you'll need them.

Wow, Emma!
That sounds GREAT!
And it is all places that I myself have NEVER BEEN TO in all my life (which has lasted a "bit" longer than yours, as you know) and which I still have on my must-go-to list... Wow! Have a very, very good time!!!

Emma, have fun! Buon viaggio!...

When in Naples make sure you take a little trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast. Take the Vaporetto to the Isle of Capri and do not miss the Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzura). Take the camera with you and you will go nuts once inside the grotto. The light there is just so effing surreal!...

Wow, Emma!
That sounds GREAT!
And it is all places that I myself have NEVER BEEN TO in all my life (which has lasted a "bit" longer than yours, as you know) and which I still have on my must-go-to list... Wow! Have a very, very good time!!!

LaFoto can't you drive to most of these places?

Thank you, everyone! I'm beyond excited.
...So I'm spending my last hours on TPF. :hugs:

Have you been to Europe/Italy before?

The only other continent I've been to is Europe, and I've probably been about 8 times total before. I've traveled to France, Scotland, England, Spain, Germany, and then parts of Italy (Tuscany & Florence). But I've never been to the Mediterranean.

Chris of Arabia said:
Looking forward to seeing the images when you get back - take a spare memory card or two with you, I think you'll need them.

I'll be posting so many that I might get banned. :lol:
Haha, I have 5 2G memory cards packed right now. :p (Roughly 5,000 pictures.)

DRIVE!? :shock:

Well, sure, I COULD, it is about 20 hours drive to Rome ... and then just go from there ... :roll:

:lol: At least there's no driving across the Atlantic Ocean for you. So many of us might consider you 'close'.....;)

LaFoto can't you drive to most of these places?

Heh, I just looked at the route map from Oxford to Istanbul via Rome and Rhodes, not sure the link will work but in summary it's 1968 miles taking 101 hours with a total driving cost of 420 quid - or 840 USD not including ferries - one way!

Have a good time cherrymoose, the weather should be beautiful around the med - not too hot yet.

Rome is my favourite city ever. Buon viaggio! Yes, Europe is not as small as you'd think! Think of it like this, it takes the same amount of time to drive from Amsterdam to Rome as it does to drive from San Francisco to Vegas. (Since you're in Berkeley, you should be able to relate!) ;)

well, I hope you will really enjoy it!

As you know, I just fled north since I knew you were coming :p

... and as for all the talk about driving... Europe is not that small, and petrol costs rather alot. My drive from central Germany to Northern Scandinavia (2400 km ) just cost me over 400 USD one way in petrol (or gas as some of you might call it) alone.

DRIVE!? :shock:

Well, sure, I COULD, it is about 20 hours drive to Rome ... and then just go from there ... :roll:

In retrospect, my question definitely smacked of the American mindset.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back