I'm one of the first humans to photograph this!!!

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you spot one of those meteors, you may be only the fourth person alive who is known to have seen this meteor shower. In recent times, the shower was spotted in 1994 by two observers and in 1986 by one observer.
If you are lucky enough to catch a picture of an Aurigid meteor using your digital camera, you will be the very first to do so.

I managed to photograph one of the Aurigid meteors this morning. Here is a small version of the photograph. I observed 4 meteors between the hours of 4:30am PDT to 5:00am PDT.
aurigidx.jpg

ISO 1600, f1.7, 10 second exposure

It's so exciting knowing I'm one of the first to ever photograph this! I'm sure there are better than mine, but I'm all atwitter over it! Whooo hoooo!!!
Taken from Belfair, WA.
The oldest such shower, but only one revolution old, is due in the early morning of September 1, 2007. Our calculations indicate Earth is about to cross the dust trail of comet Kiess, a comet that takes some 2000 years to complete one orbit around the Sun. The trail is very narrow, so Earth will be hosed by meteoroids for only about an hour and a half. The meteoroids will approach from the direction of the constellation Auriga, the charioteer, in the north-eastern part of the sky, causing a meteor shower called the "Aurigids."

Read the whole article.

Marian Murdoch

Wow, congratulations!
I can imagine you feel extra special accomplishing something like that.
And it is a nice photo aswell, the meteor is very clear and looks beautiful!

very cool! Did you send your photo into the newspaper??? :)

Well captured - we had too much light pollution - the sodium street lighting gives everything a pink glow. We had a good view in the UK on a moonless night, one of the best for many years. One seen about every 45-60 seconds at one time.

Wow, such a occassion to capture such beauty of the sky. You are one lucky photographer. Nice work

"I'm one of the first humans to photograph this!!!"

And how many non-human species photographed it? Sorry, it just struck me as humorous. Kidding aside, congrats, great shot and timing.

Most reactions

Back