I'm real scared right now...First Picture Post

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by bbaker35, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bbaker35

bbaker35 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok..So this is it. I've been on the forums here for about a week and I think I will take the plunge and post a shot of my own. Remember, I am very very new to photography and have no idea what I'm doing. So just give me the comments, I can take them. I just want to know how to be better.

BTW...I understand it's normally not a good idea to have a house in the background of your macro shots, but I'm just starting....

Oh yeah..When I was taking the shots on my back porch my moom came running outide, ready to beat me because she thought I was trying to mess up her flowers. ha ha

[​IMG]

Thanks Everyone,
    Ben

2. GliderPilot

GliderPilot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A good first attempt. It might look better with a solid dark background. Maybe hold a sheet of dark paper behind the flower.

3. toruonu

toruonu TPF Noob!

Well the general rule is to try uniform backgrounds for macro, then again rules are meant to be broken and sometimes a barely visible background with some nice motives might even add a lot to a picture.

In your case I'd say the house is a real bonus. Especially the effect at least on this small picture that the flower is in bright colours and the background seems grayscale. It really adds life to the picture. You might want to consider sharing a bit bigger version though :) I really got interested in the background details :)

4. bbaker35

bbaker35 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh geez. I can't believe how small the picture showed up. lol..

I'll try to post a largerone in a couple hours.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What a pity to only be getting such a tiny photo. I had thought it'd be a thumbnail, but nothing happens when I click on it :cry: ... It looks ok in the way it is and might have a nice bokeh with the blurred house in the background. But I really can't tell. Other than that, I would not count this flower photo as a flower macro. Another reason why in this case the not uniform background might work well. But... *squint-squint*, erm... like this... :scratch: ;).

6. Jeff/fotog

Jeff/fotog TPF Noob!

One of the biggest challenges in nature and landscape photography is to isolate the chaos of nature into a riveting image. Not an easy challenge at all!

Nice beginning, and DON'T GIVE UP! Your passion will drive you to find your own 'eye.'

www.jefferyraymond.com