I'm so proud!! I finally got yelled at!!

I guess being about 16...im not normally yelled at...pull the puppy dog eyes...look up at them really nicely, and im ok :D

^great idea. although i kind of hope i get in trouble so that i can prove that what i'm doing is legal and they are in the wrong. is that bad? it sounds bad.

Feels good, don't it. :D

steve817 said:
I'm guessing you were out there with a tripod. It is free for the general public but there is a fee that professionals have to pay ($25.00 I think). The way they determine if your a professional or not....you guessed it, a tripod.

Really? I've never heard of anything like this. I know when I went to go shoot at the Williams Tower in Houston I had 2 security guards tell me that tripods weren't allowed on the premesis, even though (as far as I know) I was in a public park and NOT on private property. That was a while ago, before I really had the courage to question them. I don't see how they could charge you and label you a professional just because you have a tripod, though. :scratch:

There are a lot of city and county parks (and many parks are privately owned even if they are open to the public) where you do have to get a permit if you use a tripod. Sometimes it's free, sometimes you have to pay for it. You will find this enforced pretty well in parks where a lot of wedding, engagement and other professional portraits are done.

So if someone in uniform comes up and asks for your permit, don't assume that one isn't needed.

Mike

Heh, I get hassled all the time by secco workers but the last car I was shooting i got visited by 2 police cars wanting to know what I was doing. :lol:

Me: "Good evening Officer"

Them: "G'day, Taking some photos?

Me: "Yes, only the car and nothing else"

Them: "You work for a magazine?"

Me: "no i'm freelance"

Them: "Ok, just don't photograph the shop fronts."

OK, so I say "Congratulations" to you, too, Robert, for having been yelled at after you were deemed a professional. Isn't too bad a feeling, all in all. Not the yells, but the "professional"-part in it, eh? ;)

Where I live (no city nearby), I can photograph as I please, often enough I am all by myself and no one even sees me. I can rarely be seen lumbering around my tripod, though, so there is little to no danger anyone could ask me about that.

The only time I heard WHISPERS was when I took a "Summer in the City" (should call it "Summer in Town", the place is hardly a CITY)-series and happened to see the mayor of same "city" be out for lunch in a street café. I could not miss that chance and dropped all my inhibitions as to street photography and capturing people and all that and took his photo with the zoom lens in full use. Then smiled at him and went my way, hearing him whisper to his colleagues from the council: "Who is she? Anyone knows her? Who's she working for?" Tee-hee :D.

Most reactions

Back