I'm so vain C+C

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone once said to practice portrait work by taking some pictures of yourself. Here is my attempt.

3676619239_bb46b1c395_b.jpg

3676619187_a64f3e6ffa_b.jpg

3676619175_1e4fa6a89e_b.jpg

3676619165_b36b29ddcc_b.jpg

Well if you don't mind my 2¢ at this hour. I should be heading for nighty-night, but the wine bottle still has another half glass left in it.

#1 - The focus is on the frames of your eyeglasses rather then your eye. That is the only thing because the rest is subjective. I think your light source is too hot and takes all detail from your cheek. Reducing the output or using a modifier would be of a benefit IMO. I can dig the half dark / half light effect, but the left frame of your glassess (camera right) are lit and diminish the effect. Consider cloning that part out. It looks as if your right shoulder (camera left) is positioned foward which is causing the shadow in the lower left of the frame.

#2 - I would prefer to see either your hands or your chest in focus rather than the forearms.... probably hands given the right apeture so that the necklace is still distinguishable. And also to have the left shoulder either totally in frame or more truncated.

#3 - You're missing some finger tips. :lol: Again, I think your light source is too hot.

#4 - Very compelling shot. The best of the lot. I really like this one.

Thanks for sharing and I hope my comments aren't misconstrued.

How do you clone out parts in a photo.

Thanks for the C+C!

Last edited:
I figured it out.

3678915909_eb85072d41_b.jpg

Here is another image too......

3679834297_f2127c6c04_b.jpg

Why's there haloing around your frames in the second one? o_O

In the first the eye is a little soft, though the lips are in focus, which does draw one's gaze to the slightly open lips, adding some sex appeal. Hmm.

Why's there haloing around your frames in the second one? o_O

In the first the eye is a little soft, though the lips are in focus, which does draw one's gaze to the slightly open lips, adding some sex appeal. Hmm.

Didn't realize that. The halo I think is from the unsharp mask. How do I get rid of it?

Don't sharpen so much, and increase the masking. And mask-out the parts that you don't want sharpened with a layer mask.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back