I'm sold on film.

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my first roll on my "new" Pentax Spotmatic SP w/ 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar. It was Fuji Velvia 100, and I took it at the Edinburgh Botanical Gardens. Here are a few examples:

leaves.jpg

flowersred.jpg

flowerblack.jpg

I just feel that slide film, with a good camera and lens, provides a much richer and more organic look and feel than a digital is capable of. I'll have some from the zoo soon, and a b/w Ilford HP5 roll of street photography up soon using my new Pentax ME-F.

I'm absolutely sold as a film fanatic.

Groovy, baby. Keep on shootin' with yer spotmatic.

I just feel that slide film, with a good camera and lens, provides a much richer and more organic look and feel than a digital is capable of.

Completely agree :hug::

As a matter of fact, a few days ago I posted something trying to suggest a theorical reason that might explain the difference that (now I see that) not only I can feel

so again.... :wav:

You've seen the light! :sun: And you never have to justify yourself to anyone - remember that. ;) Who can argue with the results you've posted? Absolutely gorgeous! mmmm, Velvia.... :drool:

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing your results from the Ilford. :thumbup:

Awesome! I love all of the work I've seen from you, Chris.

Since my only experience with digital is limited to shots for ebay and the self pic on the icon I needed in a hurry, I can only say Film is all I know and all I understand. That is if I understand anything at all,

by the way great shots

Yes! A convert! Welcome to the club. And nice shots!

Thank you guys very much. I'm glad to be part of this wonderful, exclusive club. :D

This may not be the place for this comment but I feel compelled to make it and this is a very good example so let me hijack your thread a moment.

If you say it's okay to edit my pictures and post pictures this good, nobody is going to edit them, and anyone who does is going to have a worse shot and everyone is going to know the editor is an idiot so the artist only wins.

If you have some like mine that can only benefit from editing we all learn something. It's why I think people with a "vision or turf" the need to protect are wrong. I had a stronger word there but in the effort to keep this civil i went for the wimp word. If your image is all it can be nobody in their right mind will edit it, if it isn't you just might learn something from an open mind.

The reason I chose this spot for this comment is, these images could not be any better so "Do not edit" isn't even a real option let alone needed.

Great images.

Wonderful images, they certainly go a long way to proving your point. Can I ask how they were digitised?

Thank you very much mysteryscribe. I've only been shooting since January and you saying that I have images that couldn't be any better means a whole lot to me. I'm blushing, haha.

ZaphodB, thank you. I just had the little shop that processed them scan them and send me home with a CD. On my next roll I'm going to ask them what film scanner they use.

Most reactions

Back